What's new

Pre-Order Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Just finished watching Revenge of the Creature start to finish via my projector (110" diagonal) and it's better than I previously noted. Not perfect, it still looks like it's gone through Universal's old "grain management" technique. But things get considerably better after the first 15 minutes, pretty much after they arrive at Marineland. Lowering the white level on my projector about 10 clicks from calibration also helped tame the whites throughout. On the other hand, the 3D is spectacular - the underwater sequences have startling depth and off-screen effects with fish and seaweed. There are several shots from inside the creature's tank looking into interior windows that are startling. Vertical alignment is perfect, which has the inevitable side effect of pointing out the shots where the cameras were having trouble with shutter phasing and the flat shots.

The 2D version also looks better with a lowering of the white level from my normal Rec 709 settings. In 2D, you can see the grain manipulation clearer. Still, on a smaller screen it should look good for non-3D viewers. It is definitely a little softer than I think it should be.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_0114.jpeg

(Click on photo for larger image)

Guys, I am a little paranoid.

Did I get a corrected copy?

I tried peeling off the UPC code to see if there was another beneath it.

This UPC code was actually under the shrinkwrap.

Thanks

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
View attachment 51139

(Click on photo for larger image)

Guys, I am a little paranoid.

Did I get a corrected copy?

I tried peeling off the UPC code to see if there was another beneath it.

This UPC code was actually under the shrinkwrap.

Thanks

Yes. That's the new UPC sticker. Main number is the same, the 5 digit suffix indicates the new version.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was just going to ask the same exact question as I have the same barcode. Thanks Pete.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Does anyone know what film elements were used for HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and why a dissolve is missing frames when the old DVD master didn't. Just curious to learn how this happens.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Deal of the day at Amazon 10/21/19 $69.95. Was same price on 10/22/18 when I bought the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks