What's new

Pre-Order Universal Classic Monsters: Limited Edition Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Still waiting for individual 4K UHD releases of the second 4-film boxset with Bride etc...

Only the first 4-film boxset has been released individually

Even worse, I got the Best Buy SteelBook editions for Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Wolf Man. But they never did one for The Invisible Man (well, Zavvi did one in the UK).

maxfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter
What are the odds that after this, they'll release another UHD set adding all of the sequels?
They did it with DVD to Blu-ray. First they released the 8 starters on Blu-ray. We bought it. Then the 30-film collection on DVD. We bought that. Then they released the 30-film collection on Blu-ray containing the original 8 films. So a lot of us double-dipped and bought that. So my guess is it'll happen eventually. All good things come to those who wait.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
They did it with DVD to Blu-ray. First they released the 8 starters on Blu-ray. We bought it. Then the 30-film collection on DVD. We bought that. Then they released the 30-film collection on Blu-ray containing the original 8 films. So a lot of us double-dipped and bought that. So my guess is it'll happen eventually. All good things come to those who wait.
To your point, I have bought these multiple times, and I am in no rush to buy them again. I have the 30 film blu-ray set and I am good with that until they release a 30 film 4K set, and until it goes way down in price. Whenever that may be.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I skipped the blu-ray 30 film after buying the DVD. I'll skip this 4K too. If they do a complete 30film 4K I'll buy it. If not, the 5 or 6 boxsets of these I have are enough. Good lord.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
So never having owned these 8 before, and no double-dipping, having the first 4 as individual 4K UHD releases and having ordered the second 4 as individual 4K UHD releases I have just downgraded double-dipped and just bought the DVD boxset of the Monster Legacy DVD collection just for the 3 busts to use as bookends for the 8 so far 4K UHD releases

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 41

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yeah, I had that box with the busts. The three included Legacy sets were the same as the editions sold separately, so when I upgraded to the Complete Classic Monsters Blu-ray set, I was able to sell them off while keeping the box/busts.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
I am hoping like the first 4 these also come with slipcovers

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1642.jpeg
    IMG_1642.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1643.jpeg
    IMG_1643.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 31

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
The UK boxed version of all 8 films in 4K ($46, I think) is half the price on amazon of the two US 4k sets when combined. Why buy the US versions?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well the US set includes a Codus Digitalis for Dracula (OG) ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks