What's new

Umm... Where's Band of Brothers in Canada on MOVIECENTRAL?! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I was planning to watch it today, and i looked in the menu of my BellExpressVu satellite, and i couldnt find it... i go to MovieCentral.ca, where it showed the first two episodes last week, and it said "No Scheduled Showings this Month"
http://www.moviecentral.ca/ViewAsset.asp?ID=4889
What gives? Is it postponed/delayed or worse, cancelled becuase of the WTC incident? Or what?!
I hope it comes back on soon... the first two were excellent...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Nick, I think it should be on tomorrow night. Their website isn't the best thing, so don't go by that. I've found it very unreliable.
And in case anyone was wondering....
I asked MovieCentral when they would be broadcasting the series in widescreen and they said a widescreen version doesn't exist (according to the programming person). I told the dude it did and mentioned that someone on here had seen it in widescreen in Canada. If anyone has information on where/when/what channel it was broadcast in widescreen, please let me know so I can tell the dude at MovieCentral and he'll pass it on to the programming person. The guy I spoke to is a DVD fan, loves widescreen and hates the bugs. He's my new best friend :)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
TMN1 showed BoB in widescreen tonight! And man was it ever beautiful! I just hope this wasn't a one time event. It was like watching a DVD movie...
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Milnoc
News, Views, DVD Reviews.

BobV

Second Unit
Star Choice, and I believe Bell ExpressVu, have been showing BoB in widescreen HD.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Bob, I don't have HDTV yet, so I'm stuck watching BoB on the regular TMN channels. The first two episodes were shown pan & scan, but last Monday's episode was shown in widescreen. Even on my 20" TV, the picture quality really stood out!
------------------
The Milnoc
News, Views, DVD Reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks