Umm... Where's Band of Brothers in Canada on MOVIECENTRAL?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Sep 16, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I was planning to watch it today, and i looked in the menu of my BellExpressVu satellite, and i couldnt find it... i go to MovieCentral.ca, where it showed the first two episodes last week, and it said "No Scheduled Showings this Month"
    http://www.moviecentral.ca/ViewAsset.asp?ID=4889
    What gives? Is it postponed/delayed or worse, cancelled becuase of the WTC incident? Or what?!
    I hope it comes back on soon... the first two were excellent...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Nick, I think it should be on tomorrow night. Their website isn't the best thing, so don't go by that. I've found it very unreliable.
    And in case anyone was wondering....
    I asked MovieCentral when they would be broadcasting the series in widescreen and they said a widescreen version doesn't exist (according to the programming person). I told the dude it did and mentioned that someone on here had seen it in widescreen in Canada. If anyone has information on where/when/what channel it was broadcast in widescreen, please let me know so I can tell the dude at MovieCentral and he'll pass it on to the programming person. The guy I spoke to is a DVD fan, loves widescreen and hates the bugs. He's my new best friend [​IMG]

3. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    TMN1 showed BoB in widescreen tonight! And man was it ever beautiful! I just hope this wasn't a one time event. It was like watching a DVD movie... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Milnoc
    News, Views, DVD Reviews.

4. BobV

BobV Second Unit

Star Choice, and I believe Bell ExpressVu, have been showing BoB in widescreen HD.

5. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Bob, I don't have HDTV yet, so I'm stuck watching BoB on the regular TMN channels. The first two episodes were shown pan & scan, but last Monday's episode was shown in widescreen. Even on my 20" TV, the picture quality really stood out!
    ------------------
    The Milnoc
    News, Views, DVD Reviews.