What's new

Two Weeks in Another Town (1962)- coming in May from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
rohd.jpg
TWO WEEKS IN ANOTHER TOWN (1962)
NEW 2018 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 107:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 MONO- English
16 X 9 LETTERBOX, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1
COLOR
BD 50
Special Features
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

In 1952, star Kirk Douglas, director Vincente Minnelli, producer John Houseman and screenwriter Charles Schnee teamed for what many consider the greatest drama ever made about Hollywood: The Bad and the Beautiful. Ten years later, they took another powerful insider’s look at the movie business, this time adapting a book by Irwin Shaw. Douglas portrays has-been screen idol Jack Andrus. Just out of a sanitarium, Jack grabs at a small role in a movie shot in Rome by a director (Edward G. Robinson) whose career is also on the skids. When the director falls ill, Jack takes over, realizing this is his last shot at personal and professional redemption. Trenchant, confrontational and intensified by Minnelli’s genius for color, Two Weeks in Another Town captures the passion of creative people facing the abyss.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I love this film. I am conscious when I watch it that it was damaged by the editing but even in its damaged state, it's still a marvellous movie. Just look at that cast: Kirk Douglas, Edward G. Robinson, Claire Trevor ("my lawful wedded nightmare")
Cyd Charisse, Rosanna Schiaffino and, in by far her best performance, Daliah Lavi whose forename is mis-spelt in the credit titles.

This is a title that came out previously on a DVD-R.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I love this film. I am conscious when I watch it that it was damaged by the editing but even in its damaged state, it's still a marvellous movie. Just look at that cast: Kirk Douglas, Edward G. Robinson, Claire Trevor ("my lawful wedded nightmare")
Cyd Charisse, Rosanna Schiaffino and, in by far her best performance, Daliah Lavi whose forename is mis-spelt in the credit titles.

This is a title that came out previously on a DVD-R.
Eight years ago, they released a Remastered Edition on MOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks