What's new
World Wide Stereo

Two subs - hookup options for best sound (1 Viewer)

Eraserhead

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan Patrick
Just purchased a Hsu STF-3, which leaves me with a Def Tech ProSub80 as an additional sub. Which of the following hookup options would give me the best sound?
a) LFE out to the STF-3, and the ProSub80 to the center channel using speaker-level inputs.
b) LFE out to the STF-3, and the ProSub80 to the L&R mains using speaker-level inputs.
c) Using a Y-splitter to connect both subs to the receiver's LFE out.
Thanks for the help!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
Using a y-splitter. I asked the boy's at SVS about using two subs and you have to do a few this different when calibrating two subs. I thought they said to calibrate the two subs like 3 dec. lower because of having double the output. (83db with a spl meter and say, Avia.) Don't quote me on this... I just went with one SVS to make it simple.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I vote for option C. Your next decision is whether to co-locate them or to put them in different spots in the room -- these options will yield different effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks