What's new

Two rear speakers??? (1 Viewer)

ThomasV

Auditioning
I am pretty much sold on the Kenwood 505 (soon to be out).

I am wiring my system for future and in addition to left and right rear speakers, I will have a center rear speaker as well as speakers on both sides of the room. My plan is to have the speakers on both sides possibly act as secondary rear left/right speakers (or maybe diapole speakers- but not sure about this). While I am running the extra wire anyway wile the walls are open, - I am not sure how this can be done effectively and if the Kenwood 507 or 509 receiver can handle this sort of beast.

Can anyone shed any light on:

A - can this be done?

b - does anyone know if I need a special receiver to do this or would the Kenwood work fine?

c - Speakers are 100 watts each - should the secondary speakers be of the same watts or smaller. (the system is a 600 watts total.

d - any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Thomas,

Not sure exactly what you mean. Do you mean using the same rears as the extra speakers? If so they probably cant be wired that way, but if you use them as surround speakers then for music purposes, you can put the receiver in a simulated surround mode to utilize all the speakers. Some receivers fall flat in this catagory(sounds pretty fake) but some others do it quite well. Wire now while the walls are open.

Bill

ThomasV

Auditioning
bill,

maybe i am confused. I am actually adding two speakers to the sides of the room and was going to try and use them as additional rear speakers (so I would have to left rear speakers (one on the back wall for the couch in back and one on the side wall for the couch on the side wall) and two right rear speakers. It would be more for movies than music. WHat did I miss about surround speakers vs rear and front speakers. I know most sets come with 5 speakers (three front and two rear) and the Kenwood is the one I was thinking about getting.

I guess the question would be more on the order of - if I add side speakers to the room - how can I best use them as additional rear speakers and then would I be ableto do it with the Kenwood system - or does the Kenwood system have shortcoming in that respect and I am better off getting a different system.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks