What's new

Two Dual LNB's and Multiswitches (1 Viewer)

Daniel Marx

Auditioning
Just set up a Driect TV Plus 18"x24" Eliptical dish, with two dual LNB's. I need to distribute the sat signal to a minimum of 8 recievers (two hi-def and the rest just standard). I was planning on using an 8 port multiswitch but upon looking at the multiswitch that came with the sat, I'm suddenly confused how a standard multiswitch could work. Standard multiswitches take the LNB A and LNB B and make anywhere from 4 to 24 additonal receivers. The dish however labels both LNB's A on the one side (101) and both B on the other (119). The multiswitch it came with allows only four receivers to be connected. How can I use that multiswitch along with the standard ones to get me at least 8 signals for 8 receivers?
Dan

Darold_Brins

Agent
Dan, you can purchase a 5x8 multiswitch, which allows two dual LNBs to be split up for 8 receivers. 2000 networks has them for sale at this link : Link Removed
Hope this helps,
Darold "Brins" Brinley

Paul V

Auditioning
I am confused. It was my understanding that a dual LNB will only handle two receivers at a time. Not to say that you couldn't hook up more than that, but only two different channels can be handled at one time, right?????
Paul V

Daniel Marx

Auditioning
Paul, yes a dual LNB alone can only handle two receivers. But there is a neat little device out there called a multiswitch which allows any number of receivers to be connected to a single dish. I've seen them go up as high as 24. They vary in cost from about $60 to $300 depending upon how many receivers you need and whether it's powered or not. They do allow each receiver to watch a different channel. I don't know HOW they work, but they do. I did find the answer to my question through this link http://www.geocities.com/dbs_tech/dishes/dsa8900e.htm Check it out, you might find it very helpful as well.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks