What's new

Twilight Zone Collection Box Sets (1 Viewer)

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I had been reluctant to buy TZ in piecemeal fashion with the previous installments.

Now I am so glad I held out. This is gonna be great! I will need a new shelf!

DeeF

Screenwriter
I bought the first two collections.

Just a question:

On each of the first 5 episodes I watched, I see moires in color. These are black and white films, and I don't see any color spectrum on other black and white movies I own. What gives?

My monitor is a 50" Fujitsu plasma.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the "color" too. Was annoying. I turned the color off on my set while watching...
:frowning: D

DeeF

Screenwriter
Dave:

I can't turn off the color on my plasma.

Incidentally, I see you are in NYC. Me too! Are you interested in theater, or is that just your job?

DeeF

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Just to clarify:

I CAN confirm that the Image releases will NOT be in standard DVD keepcases. I just got off the phone with Image, and was told that they are in "thin" cases, that "resemble jewelcases". I asked if they would be the height of a keepcase, or if they would be the height of a CD jewel case. I left my e-mail address, and hope they send me an answer.
I have only seen these in the store, but to confirm:
They are as tall as a keepcase, and thinner than a CD jewelcase (66% as thick?).

Anyone able to compare these to the previously released disks?

Aaron Thomas
Making a list ... checking it thrice.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Head over to TVShowsOnDVD (link is in my sig) and read the latest news from Image about their releases. It's too much for me to repeat right now! :)
But I got it all straight from the horse's mouth!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Twilight Zone Collection #5 details were posted today by Image Entertainment:
850 Minutes. 9 Discs. SRP $99.99. Street Date 2/25/03.

Very cool. Also note that the first two collections streeted today. If you're a Costco member, you can pick them up for $68.99 each. If you're an e-tailer buyer, you probably pre-ordered it already with the details mentioned previously in this thread. If you need a non-club brick and mortar store, head to Best Buy for $75.99 each.
Mine, Mine, MINE! :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It seems Image took the cheap way out by just repackaging the original Disks I agree you could of put out newly remastered versions on Double layed disks and gotten at least 8 per disk probably more, are'nt there 8 eps per disk of Outer limits and those are hour shows.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave, you can always get the Another Universe "Gold Collection" if you prefer. Details near the top of this thread page (page 2). I prefer the Image sets, but another option IS available to you! Just make sure your player is compatible, and be aware of the customer service issues AU had with My-So-Called-Life (which appears to be "solved" by having MediaRacer take the money instead, but I don't know much about them, either...going to Best Buy or Costco is a better solution for me!).

Christopher D

Second Unit
I'm still waiting for mine to come from Digital Eyes (didn't realize they would be at Costco), but had a chance to check out the packaging today and I give a big thumbs up on the slim cases. I'm sure some will probably hate them with a passion, but these will really help save shelf space.

Of course, remastered dual layer discs in slimline cases would have been even better. . . .

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I picked up Sets 1 and 2 today at Costco. I like the packaging. Columbia House is using this same style of case for their TV shows also.

I wish MPI would go this route with the DARK SHADOWS sets....

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I saw the package at bestbuy. looks like the same package as the 40 free movies from the total movie mag promo.

Edward Brand

Agent
I think the packaging looks great. Digitaleyes.net mailed my two sets out earlier today and they should arrive by friday or saturday at the latest.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Anyone know if these sets are coming to R2? Seems like only the individual discs are out over here and I'm not down with that (sold my individual discs before I moved, mainly due to space issues).

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone confirm that the AMAZON.CA version will be the EXACT same as the US release? The reason I ask is that I know sometimes the Canadian DVD's are different, french/english on packaging, etc. I want to order these from amazon.ca, but want to make sure they will be the exact same version...

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Steve Phillips

" The packaging is not cheap cardboard sleeves like the Total Movie promo!"

I stand corrected, I took a closer look today. These are much nicer. Like a thin keep case.

How are the transfera on this set?

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Didn't Rod Serling originally appear on-camera at the end of practically every TZ episode to do a 25 second pitch for the next weeks story? Yet none these pitches are included on the DVDs (with the exception of 3 episodes). :angry:
To see examples, check "The Masks", "Eye of the Beholder", and "Howling Man" on the More Treasures of the Twilight Zone DVD, where the respective pitches have been grafted onto the beginning of the episodes.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Mark: yup, Serling did in fact appear at the end of each episode to promote the following weeks' installment. I'm not 100% sure if this was done during the first season, since Serling's narration was off-camera until season 2. In any case, the absence of these clips is one of my biggest gripes about these DVDs. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have the entire series available on DVD (and I paid way more than most, since I got 'em individually in their initial releases)... but they ain't perfect. And since all 156 episodes are now being rereleased in two distinctly different sets, they'll probably never be redone from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks