What's new

trying to narrow down my receiver choices (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all..I currently have a CV home theatre setup powered by a jvc rx-8010vbk..the receiver is so far great, but I know there are better receivers out there..i've been looking at a few higher-end receivers, but do not know what to buy..I want the most power out there with good sound quality..I eventually want to use seperate amps to power the speakers, but for now the receiver has to power the system..my choices so far are..in order..

marantz sr7300
denon avr-3802
onkyo tx-sr800

to anyone that has an opinion on a next level receiver for me your suggestions and comments are appreciated..thanx

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Dave: It's early ;)
Just a quick note that the current model Denon is the 3803, not the 3802. Since the other 2 are current models, I thought you would want to compare apples to apples...

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
yeah thanx chuck..i realized that the model was now a step up, but I wouldn't mind a "last years" receiver if it meant saving a few bucks..not much has changed from last year to the present right? I couldn't find much in the specs..

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Hi dave, check out the pioneer elite tx 47 or 49. you will be plesantly suprised with these. they are sweet!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Dave: I moved from a 3802 to a 3803 recently. There are several improvements...

Video upconversion: composite to S-video to component
2 DACs (24 bit/ 192 kHz) per channel vs. 1 for the 3802
Upgraded 32-bit "Hammerhead" SHARC processor (same as in the 5803.)
Ability to turn off the sub in ALL modes.
3803 can remember more than 1 mode per input (based on the type of signal.)
3803 now has on-screen volume display.
A couple more digital inputs.

There are a few others besides these. While I haven't noticed a huge difference in sound, ALL of these features add up to a better and more user friendly receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks