What's new

Tricky frame rate question (1 Viewer)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
A couple nights ago, I spun up SW:AotC in the computer's DVD drive, and played it out to the projector. This, generally, looks better, because the computer does the de-interlace, the video scaling, AND the anamorphic extraction, rather than anamorphic compression that my projector does (thus giving me the most original information possible.)
However, trying to be smart, I set the frame-rate of the display to 72Hz: three times the 24fps original source.
In some of the pans in particular, there was a bit of an odd judder.
Did I outsmart myself, and should I have picked either a 60 or 90Hz option, to keep to a multiple of the 30 frames that the player is de-interlacing from? I didn't have time to experiment with it, and I won't be able to get close to it for another three or four days, either... (sigh.. I'm working too many jobs right now.)
Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
If it's a digital projector, most of them only display 60hz even though they accept other input rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks