What's new

Trekking in Nepal --- anyone done it ? (1 Viewer)

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tom, i've been to nepal,however we did the annapurna range.
Trekking in nepal was amazing,simply breathtaking!
And i can assure you that you will think twice of ever complaining about your job when you see how the sherpas spend their day!
I wouldn't concern myself too much with the rebels,they're mostly after their own government and not tourists.

Karl_O

Stunt Coordinator

Do not be sure of that! If the rebels get any ideas, they will go after tourists. After all, tourists bring money to a poor country like Nepal, and what is best for the rebels is to scare away them by any means possible so to further their political goals (which will not be discussed on the HTF).

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
According to everything I've from sources like NPR, the rebels are really strongest in the western part of the country, whereas my trip will be in he northeast. Also, the travel company has been running trips nonstop since the rebels broke the truce last year and hasn't had any problems.

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Tom, One of my best friends and co-workers here at work is from Nepal. What would you like to know? I can ask him a ton of stuff and get back to ya if you want.

email me if you like or just post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks