What's new

Totem Dreamcatcher vs. Energy Encore vs. Pardigm System 3 vs. Axiom Master System (1 Viewer)

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
I've just finished listening to the Encore and Totem packages. I thought both did very well, maybe an edge to the Energy Encore for HT and to the Totem Dreamcatchers for music. Both are beautiful speakers, the Encore with a high gloss black cabinet and Totem with a beautiful real veneer finish. I would tend to give Totem the edge, because of let's say the "mystique" factor. Totem's in my opinion would be a conversation piece. They really do look like a piece of furniture. One concern I have with the totem is the sub, its a very small 8" woofer. I auditioned it with 2 subs going, which I wouldn't be able to afford.

I've listened to the Axiom line before and think they do well against these but I've never heard the master package as a whole. The other package I've not had a chance to audition are the Paradigm package. I did listen to Studio40's and they are really as good as others have stated, but with a steep price tag $1100 for a pair plust stands.

I would like to hear other opinions about these systems. I will be using either a Denon 1803 or Marantz 5200 with the package, which ever I can get the best deal on.

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
I have the M60's, QS8's, VP150, and the EP175. They get better everyday. I have them mated to a Yamaha RX-V1300. Message me if you want more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks