What's new

Toshiba Tips & Tweaks (1 Viewer)

Chris White

Second Unit
Recent additions to my Toshiba Tips & Tweaks page:
1) Downloadable service manuals for the following models: 43H70, 43HX70, 40H80, 56H80, and 65H80. Each manual is in two files. One with everything but the schematics and another with just the schematics. To help me save on bandwidth requirements, please don't download the schematic file unless you REALLY need it. Thanks.
2) HTML version of the Ultimate X81 spreadsheet (includes Designer Codes, ADDR Codes, Geometry Codes, Offsets, Remote Codes) for those without Excel. (Thanks to Steve Smith)
3) Convergence grids created with Visio 2000 (requires plotter) for the 40H80 and 56AH80. (Thanks to Max Knight)
4) Herman-TLV Maneuver - including both the original instructions by Michael TLV Chen and instructions for an exciting new method by Rob P. and Chris L.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Chris!
Funny, I "discovered" that new Herman-TLV method 6 months ago...got sick of fiddling with CUTs, DRVs, BRTC, AND the trimpots at the same time. :)
But, I might try those recommended settings again anyways...masochism just isn't what it used to be!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings Chris
I've got a major revision (2.0) to the Herman-TLV Maneuver coming next week to Errol's Keohi site. You can mirror it if you'd like.
It represents a somewhat different take on the tweak and results in something that will really benefit those with access to a colour analyzer.
Keep up the good work.
Regards
------------------
fp.jpg

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

Chris White

Second Unit
That's great Michael. I look forward to reading about it. I really need to adjust my grayscale myself, but after spending a couple of days adjusting CUTs and DRVs by eye, I think I'll probably just rent a color analyzer.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks