What's new

Self calibration? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I'd love to have someone like Gregg calibrate my set. Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near a large area and doubt he (or anyone else) would be available. :)
That said, are there any tips you all can give me? I've got a Toshiba TW65X81 (& SD5109 DVD player connected to component input #1). Picture is great but needs to be tweaked a little - there is a lot of left/right overscan (significant portions of the movie are off the screen) and pincushion needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately, there aren't easy adjustments like on a PC monitor...
I'm comfortable working in service menus and would have no problem taking it apart if necessary, as long as I know what I'm looking for. Any information anyone can send me on how I can clean the picture up a bit (I do have Video Essentials and have gone through it a few times in the past couple of years, but it does not address geometry issues), please let me know!
Thank you!

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Go here: Keohi HDTV site.
There is ALOT of info to digest, but everything you need to know is at this site. Once you figure out the basics, everything will seem SO much easier.
edit: If using Video Essentials to center image/adjust overscan, only use the Anamorphic Overscan image. The non-anamorphic images are not centered properly on the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks