What's new

Toshiba 50H12 (1 Viewer)

Mike D L

Auditioning
:b Greetings from El Paso, TX. Am getting the wide screen TV fever here lately and have started doing some peripheral looking. We don't have any "high end" places here, so most of my work is places like Circuit City / Best Buy etc. Was in Sam's Club this afternoon and saw that they had a Toshiba 50H12 on display. Nice looking design, and the picture was one of the best that I have seen as I have gone around and looked. Also, the price seemed attractive > $1,999.99. Thought that to be reasonable for what I was seeing.
Was wondering if any of you all have any info on this HDTV? Would appreciate hearing from all of you. Thanks, and have a great Forum.
Mike:D

GaryP

Second Unit
Mike,
Bet you didn't think your first response would be from El Paso ;)
Anyway, I can't say that I'm familiar with that particular model. I looked for info on the 'net and found the owners manual, which leaves a lot to be desired regarding specs. It isn't even listed on their website (not from what I saw) I can tell you that I've had the 50h81 (which is now replaced by the 50h82) for a year now and couldn't be happier with it. Coupled with a progressive scan DVD player and HD sat receiver, this was the best set for me within my budget.
If you're scouting out other brands, take a look at Soundquest for a few Pioneer Elite and Sony models. You probably don't want to buy from them because they are very proud of their product (too expensive)
If you want to see Platinum and Diamond Series Mitsubishi's, head over to Pat Goff's, they are a pleasure to deal with most of the time.
And finally, to get a look at most of Toshiba's lineup, you'll have to head over to Best Buy, which is where I got mine.
I might have to head over to Sam's to see which set you're lookin' at. Most important though, is that you seem to like the TV. At the end of the day that is what matters. Hope this helps a little.
EDIT: I just saw your other post regarding this set. I remember reading somewhere that certain stores fly the same product under a different badge, in which case the 50h12 is a clone of the 50h82. If that is the case (which I'm pretty sure it is), I whole-heartedly recommend this TV
Take Care,
Gary

Steve Krasnow

Auditioning
I just bought a 50H12 and couldn't be happier!

I did a lot of research before I went for this one. The 50H82 was not available unless I shipped one in, but I could just pick up the 50H12 at Costco.

Toshiba told me on the phone that they change model numbers for Costco so as to not step on local retailers shoes. The technical person at Toshiba could not find anything that was changed from the 50H82 model. They told me that the 50H12 is a 2002 model and is actualy a 50H82. I compaired the two owners manuals and all specs only to find that these two sets are identical. Looks like the same set and same warranty as the 50H82.

My set is just great. Right out of the box the picture is awesome. I'm very happy with my purchase for sure.

Steve

Chet Hayes

Agent
I had the same experience with a Toshiba 36" TV at Costco. They had a 36A12 model that I couldn't find anywhere else, nor could I match it's features exactly to another model. I concluded it was at least equal to a 36A42 with PIP and upgraded sound, which for the price was a good deal.

I bought it and am very satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks