What's new

Toshiba 40H80 Power Problem? (1 Viewer)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Greetings,

When I turn on my 40H80 I will occasionally here some clicking/poping type noises coming from inside and then the TV powers on with the screen going into 4:3 mode.
It doesn't reset my screen preferences and once I switch it back to theaterwide via the remote all is well.

I am concerned that this may be symptomatic of a larger and possibly more expensive problem in the future. I would like to have a tech repair it and was hoping that someone else may have or had this problem and can tell me what to tell the repair tech prior to the service call.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I also had that problem with my Tosh 40H80 when I purchased it a few years ago.

Toshiba did come up with a fix for it, so the tech should know how to fix it. The fix had to do with replacing (or adding?) a capacitor with a different value. Sorry, it's been awhile and I don't remember the details.

Since the fix was done, my set always powers up normally now.

Hope this helps.

JimmyK

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Jimmy,

Thanks for the info. Gives me a bit better idea of what to tell them. Now comes the task of finding a competent repair person.

Regards,

Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks