Problem with 40H80!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Span, May 23, 2001.

1. Peter Span

Peter Span Auditioning

I've had the 40h80 for about 6 months now and I love the picture and performance - up until this week. I have not been able to get a picture for the past three days. Toshiba Tech came out today and thinks it is a problem with the integrated circuit on the power supply but won't be able to troubleshoot further until new part arrives. Any ideas in the mean time? The problem occurred very suddenly and now the only indication that the TV is turned on is a flashing light next to the power button on the TV.
    I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

2. Matt Kasprzak

Peter,
    I had a similar problem with my first TW40X81 after about six months of ownership. It began one evening while watching with the picture turning off, but the set remained on. The red power light blinked, and the set would not respond to the remote OR the power switch - I had to cycle power at the outlet. Afterwards, the TV would work, but the problem would repeat in increasingly shorter time periods, until it would happen every few seconds.
    I had the set replaced with a new one, and never found out the cause. Hopefully, the part replacement you're having done will do the trick.
    Good luck,
    Matt