What's new

Toshiba 16x9 65" at Costco.com for $2800. what's wrong with this picture? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Subject line says it all.
There has to be a catch for a Toshiba 65" 16x9 RPTV to be only $2800 at costco.com.
Doesn't this seem a little fishy? Is this a Canadian model?
65H80 is the model number.
------------------
"All Glory to the Hypnotoad!!!!!"
Futurama

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Well Im taking a run to Costco tomorrow and picking one of these badboys up if ALL goes well. If not Im going to Pricematch until Im blue in the Face. TO HELL WITH THE 56h80 :)
-D

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Is this model going to have a US warranty? I remember not too long ago when a Pioneer 16x9 TV at Sams was purchased by someone only to find that it was a Canadian model and not covered by warranty.
------------------
"All Glory to the Hypnotoad!!!!!"
Futurama

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! ..Im practically sitting here drooling at the thought of a 65 inch screen in my 13x15 room. Im getting like a little kid who is impatient for the morning to come so I can start setting this up. ITS KILLING ME!!!!!!
Sincerely,
Nuts in New Jersey

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
anyone know if they will be in store also? if it is in store, i could save the $299 delivery by picking it up myself. i was just in my local Costco, and lamented to my wife about the lack of 16:9 HDTV's. Costco has an extremely liberal return/exchange policy, so not much worry there, and i would be very suprised to see them pull a no-Toshiba warranty stunt, they do pride themselves on customer service. to be on the safe side, you could verify US warranty prior to purchase.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
That's one seriously awesome price for a seriously awesome set. Ignoring the fact that it's out of my price range, I just measured my apartment (wishful thinking) and realized that even if someone gave it to me for free...it wouldn't fit!!!
Of course, then I'd just have to move to a bigger apartment, wouldn't I?
Grrr...anxiously awaiting my 47" 16:9 TV...

Phili Sunsieri

Auditioning
Often, the stores don't carry "specialty" items which are listed on costco.com.
For instance, the web site lets you configure a Compaq PC.
Now, you can return objects you order online however...

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Costco: 65H80 $2800
Shipping: $299
Total: $3100
BestBuy(around the corner from me): $2849
Although if you live near a Costco, then you could save $49 bucks :)
------------------
"This is a tasty burger."

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
quote:Although if you live near a Costco, then you could save $49 bucks
Yup all you have to do is strap one of these 413 pound 5 foot x 5 foot by 29 inch badboys to your back and walk home. That is of course unless you have a truck or something.... I can just see me and about 10 friends trying to pull a DIY job to get it home. Itll end up like Laurel and Hardy with the Piano
laugh.gif

puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

Sorry I just discovered the Puke emot-icon...excuse my excessive Compulsive use of it.
-D

Charbel

Agent
hey guys if you`re serious about buying a big ticket item like this I would definately search for best price first. I`m not trying to burst anyones bubble... but if you go to www.pricescan.com and type in. in this case (toshiba) you will find 3 places that are less expensive than costco albeit 100 to 200 less but still less. even crazy eddie is < $2700. It`s not the end all because I`ve found ultimately cheaper but this site DEFINATELY helps.just FYI good luck CI

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldnt want to buy a big item like this online unless there was a store in relation to the site that I can call when there are troubles. If something goes wrong then 9 times out of ten you are stuck with a VERY HEAVY paperweight when something does go wrong (as Im sure you know there are is a Costco as close as Hackensack :) ). Hopefully something interesting will be happening at 6th AVE tomorrow for memorial Day. MUCHO MEMORIAL DAY SHOPPING For me. I have $3000 to blow on a TV.
-D

Charbel

Agent
Yes I go to Hackensack Costco often. There is also A Costco in Clifton (in case they`re out of the TV you want in Hack) I always rather go to myself and pick up the merchandise but some people that HAVE to buy online might choose that route.

Tony F

Auditioning
Costco gets away with some amazing prices which manufacturers would not allow them to sell for! I think they can do this because this is not a regular product at this price for Costco - this is a case of finding a great deal from a middleman/wharehouse that had overcommitted to too much inventory.
My experience with Costco is that they warranty products themselves in cases where the manufacturere does not (because these are "grey sales", wherein Costco has negotiated a great price to get some wharehouse with too much inventory out of trouble, or auctioned from bankruptcy, etc.) I've seen this particularly with the great watch deals that Costco offers from time to time. I had one break after four months and Costco just gaver me my money back, no questions asked!
Ask the store manager what the warranty story is - presumably there is a written Costco policy he could show you...

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I can't beleive the cool stuff you guys have at the american Costcos. The only RPTV that our Costco has is a crappy 51" Zenith that has been around for about 2-3 years. They had some Wegas for a while, but nothing this cool. I wonder if these things are available to Canada or should I just ask the manager if he can order it? Any Canucks know about this sort of thing?
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
my Best Buy, around the corner from my Costco, does not carry any RPTV's larger than 61", and won't even special order one. the sales drone suggested i try bestbuy.com. the price there is $3499 +shipping, making Costco the "best buy" between the two, in my case.

FYI, Costco is an authorized Toshiba dealer, check Toshiba's website, and you can return anything you buy from Costco's web site to a Costco store.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Craig,
Which TV are you looking at on Bestbuy.com
The 65H80 i saw now says $2999, was $2849
------------------
"This is a tasty burger."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks