What's new

Top secret Microsoft product to launch at Midnight (1 Viewer)

London Lawson

Second Unit
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/trick-or-...ght-264082.php
"I'm told that tonight, at 12:01am EST (okay, so tomorrow), the division of Microsoft that launched the Xbox and the Zune will unveil something very special . What it is, we do not know for sure, but it's "something totally new coming out of the Entertainment and Devices division, and it's going to change the way people interact with technology.""

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Maybe in 10 years they'll have it miniaturized enough for practical purposes like a phone...

oops. ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Wasn't this supposed to be ready at March 31, just before midnight?

Cees

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Cees, I don't happen to have a globe on me with time zone info, so please forgive a dumb question: What's the date over there?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Brian,

Sorry - I was joking. Or attempting to.

March 31. Assuming the well-know delays of every software project, it would originally have been planned to be presented as an April Fools joke, hence hardly be anything serious.

Cees

PS: At the very moment here, it's May, 30, 11:15 pm (we say: 23:15)
C.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And a good joke it was, too! I'm the one who should be sorry for missing the April Fools reference and, more embarrassingly, for mentally substituting "May" when you wrote "March". You lobbed it right to me, and I lost it in the sun. At night.

I promise to be more "with it" next time. Go ahead! Try me! Try something really obtuse and obscure, like referencing Sisyphus in "The Next Boulder" discussion, and I will totally catch it! :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, I already figured that's what happened. :)
It's the first letter of a word that's always the most important in our brain's pattern recognizing algorithm.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks