What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Does anybody have the Russian movie viy 3? was wondering what the best release is. I'm thinking it's the german that's region locked B. I would put it away for a future region free player I'll get.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Upside Down was a cute little romance. Enjoy!
I think I will. :) just looks like a kooky fun time.

I've the German release. Excellent 3D.
Is this the right one? There is also a limited. But it cost a lot more.

well I just went on ahead and ordered. I think the limited has a dvd included.

well, 3 things ordered from de. paid a bit more shipping that way. desperate 3D fan! lol

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I think I will. :) just looks like a kooky fun time.

Is this the right one? There is also a limited. But it cost a lot more.

well I just went on ahead and ordered. I think the limited has a dvd included.

well, 3 things ordered from de. paid a bit more shipping that way. desperate 3D fan! lol

I ordered the Limited Edition; it cost me, at the time, $19.68. The title translates as Prince of Demons.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Watched Legends Of Flight 3D last night for the first time. Fantastic! Quite a few pop-out negative parallax scenes too. One thing that really blew me away was right smack in the middle of the feature they incorporate this insane Grateful Dead type acid trip (for the lack of a better description). It was jaw dropping.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I ordered the Limited Edition; it cost me, at the time, $19.68. The title translates as Prince of Demons.
that's a very good title. I saw the movie 2D in russian with subs but remember just the visuals not the story. I was unable to see if it has english subs. I'd probably watch with the dubs just because it's easier in 3D.

The original movie is such a great time. really funky effects for the time.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Does the player make much of a difference with crosstalk level or is it mostly TV? I have a sony player and samsung tv. I'm looking at region free players with 3D and 4K right now. wondering what brand to buy that won't a total jaws bite from my bank account.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Sorry to ask here but I thought someone may know. My elderly mum likes watching the Bob Ross painting series that’s being broadcast at the moment here in the UK.
she’s asked me if there’s any dvds, I’ve looked by goodness me they are expensive and so many of them I’m not sure where to start, also they seem to be listed as region 1 which is no good for mums player ( unless it’s region free for dvd) I think it might be,
anyway if someone could point me to anything that might be of use and not break the bank that would be great.

thanks.
martin.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Sorry to ask here but I thought someone may know. My elderly mum likes watching the Bob Ross painting series that’s being broadcast at the moment here in the UK.
she’s asked me if there’s any dvds, I’ve looked by goodness me they are expensive and so many of them I’m not sure where to start, also they seem to be listed as region 1 which is no good for mums player ( unless it’s region free for dvd) I think it might be,
anyway if someone could point me to anything that might be of use and not break the bank that would be great.

thanks.
martin.
Martin, this is a thread for 3D. I think you’d do better in the TV forum.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

thanks.
martin.

Does she have access to YouTube? I think all 400 episodes are available for free - not sure of the quality, but I'm not entirely sure what the original quality was though I think at best it was Tape. I'm not aware the (non bootleg) DVDs are available cheap anywhere unless you can grab some used copies off Ebay.

I think it streams on several of the services though I can't say for sure what's available in the UK

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Does she have access to YouTube? I think all 400 episodes are available for free - not sure of the quality, but I'm not entirely sure what the original quality was though I think at best it was Tape. I'm not aware the (non bootleg) DVDs are available cheap anywhere unless you can grab some used copies off Ebay.

I think it streams on several of the services though I can't say for sure what's available in the UK
Thanks, no she doesn’t have access to anything like that, she’s 84 and has early vascular dementia. I will do a bit more digging on eBay, thanks again.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s not that we don’t want you to post here, but it’s worth noting that you’re only going to find 3D enthusiasts in this thread so the person who might know the answer to your question might not ever see it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It’s not that we don’t want you to post here, but it’s worth noting that you’re only going to find 3D enthusiasts in this thread so the person who might know the answer to your question might not ever see it.
Exactly. We’re only trying to help Martin. Cheers. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just got Ghostbusters 3d/4k with the ladies. Looks like something I'd like, sort of like Pixels which I loved. (2d stuff) I haven't bothered with the ghostbusters 2 movie blu rays (or the Addams family) upgrades from dvds yet. Read those didn't get upgraded too well.

only bob ross people look down here....
this was in my youtube suggesters today. lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TThomps
Recent bookmarks