What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Probably most of you have these, but I just picked these up at BIG LOTS for $5 each:

MEGAMIND
SHREK THE THIRD
KUNG FU PANDA
RISE OF THE GUADRIANS
TURBO
MADAGASCAR 3
PUSS IN BOOTS
SHREK FOREVER AFTER: THE FINAL CHAPTER :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Last edited:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
They closed in my neck of the woods years ago (during the "recovery"). I only have 2 out of that bunch. $5 per would be enough to get me to leap.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS...was an odd film and nothing like the first one. The 3D really gets better as it goes along and very immersive. Can't remember any pop-outs. The audio DTD MA 7.1 is pretty good too! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I use MINIONS as a template for animated 3D. They used the top/bottom black bars in the 2.35:1 frame the best I have ever seen. Walking from out of the frame, across in front of the picture and out the other side...no other film has done that...that I have seen.

Can't wait to see how MEGAMIND does.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Probably most of you have these, but I just picked these up at BIG LOTS for $5 each:

MEGAMIND
SHREK THE THIRD
KUNG FU PANDA
RISE OF THE GUADRIANS
TURBO
MADAGASCAR 3
PUSS IN BOOTS

John, every single one of those has fantastic 3D, also the movies are decent to. Hope you enjoy them!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I think it is because the amount of 3D releases especially in North America has dwindled to a dribble. Also, many want to support the format and so are buying everything they see. If I see a sale on 3D blus I buy them. That’s how I have acquired such stunning art films as “Pompeii”, “Pride And Prejudice and Zombies”, and “Jupiter Ascending”!
When you have the classics - what else is there to buy?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

MEGAMIND
SHREK THE THIRD
KUNG FU PANDA
RISE OF THE GUADRIANS
TURBO
MADAGASCAR 3
PUSS IN BOOTS
I'm going to check my store tonight. Last time I was there, I'd seen some of these titles in DVD/blu, but no 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Just checked my newspaper - (does anyone read newspapers anymore?), no 3D movies showing at any theatre. :(

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just checked my newspaper - (does anyone read newspapers anymore?), no 3D movies showing at any theatre. :(
Taking the glass-half-full view, I believe The Meg is the last film released recently in 3D, and that's been out over a month and likely has limited if any 3D showings anywhere.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I'm going to check my store tonight. Last time I was there, I'd seen some of these titles in DVD/blu, but no 3D.

I have 3 stores within 12 miles of me and the first one I went to had the 8 I bought. Don't know if there are any others. Tomorrow I'll try another one and see what they have. Don't want to press my luck buying any more than my allotted monthly CC allows me. As my son used to say, "She can only kill you once!"

He said that that when we were at San Diego ComicCon back in 2004 and Ray Harryhausen was there signing all he had to offer. One of those was a resin Cyclops going for $1000. After my son said that, I ended up buying a print for $150. Common sense took over!!!

Well, width wise, they've shrunk from about 2 feet to about less than foot. Love to watch the old movies and it takes the person reading the paper forever to fold it just to turn the page....exaggeration included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks