What's new

Top 100 Trailers of 2001 (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
Saw this link over at theforce.net while reading the 'NSync is gone news.
Link Removed
Here's their worst 10:
10.The Glass House
9. Glitter
8. Save the Last Dance
7. Austin Powers: Goldmember
6. Josie and the Pussycats
5. Eight Legged Freaks
4. Black Knight
3. Domestic Disturbance
2. Say It Isn't So
1. Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Trailers...an interesting art form. Let me take a look at their list:) Not bad. For my part, I thought "Breathing" was the best of the SW trailers, I loved the Ice Age trailer, and I enjoyed the 1st and 3rd LOTR trailers very much.
But my favorite trailer of the year had to be the long Pearl Harbor trailer with Hans Zimmer's haunting "Journey to the Line" cue from The Thin Red Line. If the movie could have lived up to that wonderful trailer, it would have been something indeed.
Take care,
Chuck

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe they put the trailer for "Eight Legged Freaks" on their "worst" list. I liked that trailer a lot. :)
/Mike

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agree on the Pearl Harbor trailer. One of the best in recent years. I loved the Breathing Trailer as well.

Planet of the Apes was a good trailer too.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
It's a cool article in that all the trailers are stacked neatly on one page, but... Spider-Man at #29??
C'mon! It's ten times better than their top pick! Am I nuts?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I suppose I'm one of the few who doesn't actively seek out movie trailers. In general, I don't like to know too much about a film before seeing it. I probably didn't see many more than 100 trailers all year! The theater I go to shows only two trailers and then the film starts--perfect for me!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I like seeing trailers, but does anyone know if you can put the ones hosted on Apple.com onto your hard-drive? It really annoys me.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I must say, the Blow trailer was the most electrifying of the year. Johnny Depp + "Connected" by Stereophonics = the ultimate in cool.

-Tom

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nick: They already are if, you have selected to store movies in cache in your preferences.
Just search your C:Windows folder (including subfolders) for '*.*mov*'

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
What is "Serendipity" doing up there at #36? I loved the film, but I thought the trailer was one of the worst I've ever seen. Everything about the film was revealed in that 2-minute preview.
I just don't see why studios use trailers to "summarize" a film into a 2-minute Cliffs Notes version of the film.
My favorite trailer of the year was "A.I. Artificial Intelligence". Both the teaser and the extended trailer revealed just enough about the movie to incite viewers (reminded me of Face/Off). Then again, the film wasn't a financial success, so maybe the general public wants "Cast Away"-style trailers. :)
I thought the Moulin Rouge had a great trailer, didn't even see it on the list.
The absence of "Moulin Rouge", the fact that "40 Days & 40 Nights" (aka "The GAP commercial with the Queen song") is rated #1, and "Shrek" being #100, makes this list a complete joke to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks