To Hi-fi or Not to Hi-fi that's the question....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Taylor, May 8, 2002.

1. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

Hello everyone! I am in the process of buying me a new vcr tomorrow and was wondering if I should get me a Hi-fi one or just go with a regular one. I don't see any need for a S-VHS one since I don't use it much since I have my dvd player. I mostly do some very rare recording of tv shows (when I am at work and can't watch them) and will play some older movies (children stuff and the Star Wars trilogy) on it, but I use my dvd player the most. So, what is everyone's opinion on what I should buy? I don't want to spend alot of money on one either since I will not being using it alot. Thanks for any input.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Let me ask... Would you buy a CD player and only listen to just the Left or Right speaker? If you buy a Mono VCR - thats just what you are doing.

The price difference between a Stereo VCR and a Mono one is only about $10-$30 the last time I looked.

No doubt: go for the Stereo VCR.

3. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

Thanks for the quick response Bob. I didn't realize that was what the difference was in a Hi-fi and a non hi-fi vcrs. So I guess I will be buying me the Hi-fi one. What's a good brand then would be my next question? I know the ones I have seen around here are Sony, Panasonic, Phillips and Emerson. No big electronic stores around here so all we got are Wal-mart, K-mart and Sears to use. So kinda puts a damper on what I can get. Thanks again.

4. Tony Mc

Tony Mc Stunt Coordinator

I would go with the JVC or Panasonic brands.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Get a stereo VCR, and I agree with Tony. Go with JVC or Panasonic.

6. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Another recommendation for JVC. Also, the hi-fi choice is a no-brainer, as the price premium is insignificant.

/Jeff