What's new

To Hi-fi or Not to Hi-fi that's the question.... (1 Viewer)

Eric Taylor

Agent
Hello everyone! I am in the process of buying me a new vcr tomorrow and was wondering if I should get me a Hi-fi one or just go with a regular one. I don't see any need for a S-VHS one since I don't use it much since I have my dvd player. I mostly do some very rare recording of tv shows (when I am at work and can't watch them) and will play some older movies (children stuff and the Star Wars trilogy) on it, but I use my dvd player the most. So, what is everyone's opinion on what I should buy? I don't want to spend alot of money on one either since I will not being using it alot. Thanks for any input.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Let me ask... Would you buy a CD player and only listen to just the Left or Right speaker? If you buy a Mono VCR - thats just what you are doing.

The price difference between a Stereo VCR and a Mono one is only about $10-$30 the last time I looked.

No doubt: go for the Stereo VCR.

Eric Taylor

Agent
Thanks for the quick response Bob. I didn't realize that was what the difference was in a Hi-fi and a non hi-fi vcrs. So I guess I will be buying me the Hi-fi one. What's a good brand then would be my next question? I know the ones I have seen around here are Sony, Panasonic, Phillips and Emerson. No big electronic stores around here so all we got are Wal-mart, K-mart and Sears to use. So kinda puts a damper on what I can get. Thanks again.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Get a stereo VCR, and I agree with Tony. Go with JVC or Panasonic.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Another recommendation for JVC. Also, the hi-fi choice is a no-brainer, as the price premium is insignificant.

/Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks