What's new

TNA Impact! (2 Viewers)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
James There's a chance that he will be able to keep the name. This is still in the initial discovery stages, but he may be able to use his old ring name which was Christian Cage, and if he does he should add the Canadian Rage back in front of it as well.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

They tried this with Tito Ortiz and Tank may be as unwelcome in UFC these days as Ortiz. But, they did talk of bringing Shamrock back to feud with Ortiz to catch some of the UFC audience.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Christian will have to change his entrance as it looks too much like A.J Styles'. You know, the way he looks from underneath his hood? I don't know why, but I've always thought Christian copied that from A.J.

Re: Tito Ortiz, I wasn't aware that he was unwelcomed in the UFC. Why is that?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Since I don't plan on getting the PPV, I read the spoiler. Very happy to see it's him.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Andres, my experience and knowledge of UFC is limited, but I think it basically comes down to bad blood between Ortiz and UFC President Dana White.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

But, you shouldn't kid because Tank Abbott and 3 Count ruled. Actually, Tank was a guilty pleasure for me in a lot of ways, although the most famous moment of Tank's in wrestling is his leather skins match from Superbrawl 2000.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Last night's impact was ok at best. Joe vs. Aries was a decent enough match, but everything else just kind of felt bla.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
TNA had a great Genesis event tonight. I can't remember the last time I said this, but the match of the night was not an X-division match for me it was the main event. What a brawl that was.

*Styles vs. Williams
*Elimination X
*Abyss vs. Sabu
*Rhino/3D vs. Jarrett/AMW
were all good matches.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Was it better than the last two PPVs? I might consider ordering the replay.

I agree with you about this week's Impact.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, Unbreakable was a pretty damn good show with a match of the year candidate in Samoa Joe/Daniels/Styles, so topping that one might be difficult.

As to whether this show was better or not, it just depends on your personal taste I suppose.

If you liked the wild ECWish brawls then the main event will be right up your alley, it was easily a **** brawl IMO. Sabu and Abyss was also a unique kind of mayhem and the one thing I liked about it was that while both those matches ended up being hardcore, they were both still unique because of the weapons involved.

If you prefer the X-division then Peety Williams vs. AJ Styles should be enough to satisfy you, but if not than add elimination X on top of it, and you will be. Plus, Samoa Joe delivers one of the all-time great shit-kickings at the end of elimination X. It actually made the fans love him that much more even though he was trying to be a mega heel.

If you are a Christian fan, he makes 2 appearances, and it would be nice to have his first moments for postarity.

I will say that I thought that the PPV started off real slow. It was a better show than Bound for Glory. Being better than Unbreakable, that's a tall order as I have that ranked as the second or third best TNA PPV ever.

Thi, I personally don't think you'd be disappointed if you got the replay, but you have to keep in mind this is coming from someone that liked the show.

Definite thumbs up though, and I will be watching that main event a few more times this week.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's impact was way better than last week.

Any time Samoa Joe is on my TV, that's a good thing.
Styles/Joe at Turning Point? Works for me.
AMW/3D at Turning Point in a tables match? Works for me.
I don't care about the 3LK.
Christian is on my TV which is also good, and I dug the interaction with him and Monty Brown.
Rhino and Abyss was a good match.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Good show.

I thought all the talking segments were a lot better than usual. AJ sounded really good. Christian and Monty were entertaining.

I'm already sold on Turning Point. I haven't seen a barbed wire match, so I'm looking forward to that. AJ and Joe should be great.

~T

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I think TNA is definately coming up in the ranks of pro wresting... It truly is the wrestling alternative. I wish they were on more than once a week. :)

Christian was awesome last night, I only hope at the PPV he can withstand the Pounce! :)

The Pounce vs. The Unprettier!

Ryan

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Impact did a 0.6 rating on Saturday, which has to be disappointing. It will be interesting to see next week's ratings after word gets out that Christian was on last week.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I really hope that the rating does not make TNA second guess the drawing power of Christian. I can not imagine that the TNA pay-per-views sell as much as one of WWE's, and the same people who do not order PPV's, may not yet know about iMPACT... :frowning:

We need more than one show a week for TNA, it just needs to be done.

Ryan

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they're questioning the drawing power of Christian. Next week will be a key, once people figure out that he was on iMPACT this week.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I expected Impact's rating to fluctuate from week to week because of its timeslot. I'm sure it'll go back to 0.8, even if nothing special is scheduled for that show.

Christian's presence in TNA should've been reflected in the ratings in this past show. People knew of his signing with TNA and his debut at the PPV, so that should've gotten people to tune into the show.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

You'd think, but really the people that knew he showed up at the PPV were the one's watching the PPV and they were already loyal iMPACT viewers to begin with. They did air a few commercials leading up to the show featuring Christian but I don't know how many.
The reality is that the ratings are due in large part to the previous week's show. Last week's was not watched by many due in part to the lack-luster show that lead up to Genesis. Another example of this: The raw when Vince McMahon pulled stuff out of Jim Ross' ass did a 3.9 and the next week it dropped to a 3.4.
That's why I really think that next week will be a key because they are coming off of a good show. Plus, something else that hurt them was being preempted that Saturday night. Sure, they got a 2 hour special out of it, but any audience that had been used to tuning in at that time really had only a month to get used to it before the first preemption.

Plus, as Thi said but in a more delecate way, the saturday timeslot sucks. It sucks even more without a good UFC lead-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks