What's new

Time Warner HD cable (1 Viewer)

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
I have been on the wait list for 2 months in Greensboro:frowning: I do make a point to call TW every other week to check on availability. So far, no go!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Waited 2 months for the HDTV box. They were not very helpful in telling me how much longer it would be so I canceled my Digital Cable Service altogether and ordered HiPix for OTA reception and recording.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
For those in the NYC area, with the Olympics over, is NBC back to a normal HD broadcast of Leno?
NO!!!--On Monday night, it was in 16x9 1080i but with no sound. They were clearly experimenting with it because they started the show 3 times (once BEFORE 11:35).

From Tuesday on, it has been a 14x9 upconvert, as was Frasier & Conan.

What's going on here? Vic?

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Thanks Larry, I was able to get the Olympics in HD courtesy of Cablevision, but I'm afraid NBC-DT is back to ground zero.

I'm interested in TW as there are signs that these guys could merge.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I'm afraid NBC-DT is back to ground zero
Not ground zero. Before the olympics NBC-DT on ch 704 (on TWC) was completely off the air (since 9/11). Now, at least it's still on the air, albiet with only 14x9 upconverts (which still look better than regular NBC on TWC digital).

I assume they'll get their shit together on HD eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks