What's new

Time to replace my Rythmik FV12 (1 Viewer)

soapboxpreacher

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
My FV12 has treated me fairly well however it seems to be a boomy sub. I am using it primarily for HT. I have an Atmos setup based around a Sony DN1080. I just recently upgraded my fronts and center to elac debut 2.0 and I have the itch to upgrade the sub as well. The FV12 (I cannot find specs on) has a forward firing port, 12" and it is a 20"x18"x22". My Room is 22'x18' and opens up to the kitchen on one of the 18" sides. I might not need a new sub but I do see the tendency to have stuff in the 40-60hz range (I could be wrong) overwhelmed. I am also stuck where I can put it so it is next to the floor speakers on the left side of the TV. I am considering a Monolith 12 as well as a VTF-2 Mk5. Are these upgrades to what I have? Finally have to stay under 750! Let me know. Thanks

Drew Young

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew Young
I would by a huge media library before upgrading a Rythmic to another enthusiast grade unit with limited room.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My FV12 has treated me fairly well however it seems to be a boomy sub. I am using it primarily for HT. I have an Atmos setup based around a Sony DN1080. I just recently upgraded my fronts and center to elac debut 2.0 and I have the itch to upgrade the sub as well. The FV12 (I cannot find specs on) has a forward firing port, 12" and it is a 20"x18"x22". My Room is 22'x18' and opens up to the kitchen on one of the 18" sides. I might not need a new sub but I do see the tendency to have stuff in the 40-60hz range (I could be wrong) overwhelmed. I am also stuck where I can put it so it is next to the floor speakers on the left side of the TV. I am considering a Monolith 12 as well as a VTF-2 Mk5. Are these upgrades to what I have? Finally have to stay under 750! Let me know. Thanks
Have you measured your sub's in-room response to see exactly what frequencies are causing the boom? You may need a DSP to tame some room induced peaks.

I built my subs and they were weak when watching movies. No low end at all. When I turned them up for the low end, they were boomy to the point of being unlistenable. I measured the in-room response and I had a 14db peak at 55hz. I added a Behringer Feedback Destroyer and a applied a few filters to tame the output in that range. I'm now + or - 3db from 17hz to 120hz. It took a few hours and a $120 piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks