1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Life Dallas Seasons 1-6 on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by classictvfan40, Sep 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    In practice, I wouldn't be surprised at all if only regions 1 and 2 were used extensively as intended by the dvd patent holders and mpaa.

2. KarlB737

KarlB737 Stunt Coordinator

Karl
    I'm tempted on this package as well however Time-Life has a habit of sending you more and more above and beyond what you originally ordered which can be frustrating until you return what you don't want. Having said that if they just stayed in the Dallas lane and kept sending seasons beyond season six all the way to the end of the series I could live with that. Yes it would be expensive.

FrankPitt and bmasters9 like this.
  3. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Hopefully they'll do that-- I don't think it'd be right for Time-Life to just do 6 seasons' worth.

4. FrankPitt

FrankPitt Stunt Coordinator

Frank
    Honestly, I'd have preferred for this initial release to go through season 8, ending with Bobby's "death." It feels like a nice cut-off point, if they don't go any further. But if they keep going, I'll keep buying.

bmasters9 likes this.
  5. ScottRE

ScottRE Supporting Actor

Scott
    I', actually surprised they didn't get to that point either. But maybe they felt a lot of people would drop off then. As much as I hated the "dream" resolution, I gotta say one you got past that first 10 minutes, the season was stellar. One of the best years they had in a while. Once Victoria Principal left, though, the show was never the same.

FrankPitt likes this.
  6. JustARandomStan

JustARandomStan Stunt Coordinator

Stan
    I don't understand why you need to pay Time Life a fortune for 8 seasons, when you can have the whole series, on single sided DVDs + the movies collection, for far less (even if you include the most expensive shipping option on Amazon UK):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dallas-Complete-Collection-1-14-Movies/dp/B007N0IKKM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3VB22Q3II9HGO&keywords=dallas+complete+dvd+box+set&qid=1569421020&sprefix=dallas+comple%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-1

The DVDs play on R1 players no problem. It will be at your door in less than a week....

7. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    The count of 105 discs appears to be consistent with splitting up each double-side flipper disc into corresponding two single-sided discs. IIRC, the original american version had 50 double-sided flipper discs, except for the movies and final season sets.

8. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Screenwriter

Darin
    One very good reason for many North American collectors, Pal speedup. If it's a show I really love and will watch a lot, I don't want to hear the change in the actors voices. I have a few American shows from PAL sources, but only ones that aren't available in Region 1.

FrankPitt likes this.
  9. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Or perhaps someone isn’t region free.

FrankPitt likes this.
  10. KarlB737

KarlB737 Stunt Coordinator

Karl
    Is this true given the UK format is PAL?

11. JustARandomStan

JustARandomStan Stunt Coordinator

Stan
    Yes, just like the Warner R1 discs work on R2 players, those R2 Warner discs work on R1 players. I'm yet to find a Warner DVD that's failed to work on any of my systems.