What's new

Throw Distance (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
I will start simple.

I have done the calculations at projector central and find that 20 ft away is at the very far end of the spectrum however, with my room setup, I cannot get the projector any closer. I am not biased on screen size, but I do not want a washed on picture.

My budget is under $2K for a FP. It will be used primarily for dvd at night. We don't have hdtv in Bermuda so that isn't an issue either.

I have looked at the top 5 favs: Benq, NEC , Sharp, Panny, and InFocus.

Am I SOL at my budget??

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Maybe you can't move the projector closer to the screen, but can you move the screen closer to the projector ? If the screen is about 3 feet in from the wall, dropping down or hanging from the ceiling, that will give you a 17 foot throw. With the Infocus 4805 (avaliable soon) this will give you a 9 foot wide screen which should be withen this pj/s capability. This machine is designed from the ground up to be a DVD player- tweaked and optimized for that purpose. Well under $2000.

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
The distance now is with a ceiling mounted retractable screen in front of an entertainment center currently housing an Elite RPTV. If I move the screen any closer it will block my front left and right speakers. I will keep a stand handy for the center and leave enough slack to put it in front of the pull down screen when viewing.

My room is almost 25' long so at 20' it is already as close a realistically possible. I am beginning to doubt being able to implement a projector on my budget of 2K.

I am adding rear inwalls to my Boston Acoustic VRM setup for 7 channels. Also, replacing my receiver with a Denon 3805, getting a SVS PB2-ISD, BFD, two sets of inwalls for kitchen and patio, a new 4 channel amp for zone 2 & 3 and all new inwall speaker wire.

Needless to say, I cannot afford a 5K projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks