What's new

Thoughts on Pioneer Elite and General Plasma Shopping (1 Viewer)

David.M.Porter

Auditioning
I'm definitely the new guy on the block when it comes to home theater equipment, but I've been doing my research and am planning on purchasing/ordering a 50" Pioneer Elite plamsa display (PRO-1130HD).

I would like to get some opinions/input specifically on the Elite plasma line, and also some general things to look for when shopping for a high-end unit.

Opinions on which models/brands/etc are welcome, but I'd definitely prefer more generic information that will help me ensure I'm asking the right questions/looking for the right things to make a good decision for myself.

Thanks in advance (for helping a newbie),
DMP

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Elite's big claim to fame is the ISF C3 mode. Custom Calibration Configuration.

If you don't take advantage of this ... then the overall performance is similar to the normal Pioneer units. The normal Pioneer units simply need service menu access to change the grayscale while the Elite is out in the open.

You can't do anything with the C3 yourself ... your professional ISF calbrator can access this part of the set.

Panasonic Plasma units have slightly better black levels than the Pioneers.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks