What's new

Thoughts on Dances with Wolves DTS (1 Viewer)

"Wow, my very first Post"
I know this was a great movie, but in terms of audio and video quality, is this a must have? It goes for around $35 -$40 on EBay, just wondering if it's worth it. Also is there a possibility of a rerelease?
Thanks in Advance,
Shane

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
I believe MGM has the rights to Dances With Wolves now. People hear seem to feel there is little chance of MGM releasing a DTS version of the film when ever they decide to rerelease the picture. However, MGM is releasing their first DTS title, Hannibul, on Aug. 21 so maybe there is some hope.
Personally I'm waiting for the extended version to be released , there seems to be little hope of that anytime soon. I have both versions of DWW and I always play the DTS version because I feel the sound is richer and more enveloping than its DD counterpart. The bass is amazing in the DTS version. The fact it's spread across two discs is no problem for me considering it is full bite rate DTS and three hours long.
I would say if you choose to go the DTS route try to find the film now as opposed to waiting for MGM to release a DTS as it may never happen. I have no idea how hard it is to find considering I bought it a year ago.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
MGM is releasing "Hannibal" in DTS at Ridley Scott's insistance. They've shown little indication they'll start supporting the format beyond that.
Shane, if there are any Borders bookstores near you, you might want to try looking there for DWW DTS. A friend of mine in Cleveland picked a copy up for me less than a month ago for $22.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I would get the DTS disc ASAP if you have even a passing interest. Other than the fact that the sound is terrific, it is highly unlikely that MGM will grace us with a DTS re-release. Even if they do do DTS, then it will almost positively be half bit rate, compared to the full bit rate on the original. I think the DTS versionof this title will become highly collectible in the years to come
J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks