What's new

Those nifty plaques (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
You know those neato signs that everyone has? You know the ones I'm talking about. The DTS sign. The Dolby Digital Sign. The often imitated, but never duplicated, ohh so hard to find, THX sign. WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM????? I've been looking everywhere. Could someone please help! :)
I've managed to find the DTS one on the dtsonline.com website. And I've seen the Dolby Digital one around. But I'd really like to find the elusive THX plaque! Any ideas?

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
You can get the Dolby one from the Dolby Web site. I think the THX one will be harder to find, unfortunately. The THX people seem to be picky about who displays their logo and where. Well, not too picky about some of the so-called THX certified DVDs!
wink.gif

------------------
Mike Brantley
Our Screening Room
Our DVD collection

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the help guys!!! Someday when I can afford to build the HT I've always wanted, these will look great.....in the meantime, Once I get pictures, I'll post It's a modest setup, but it's all I got right now.

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Nevermind......they don't even sell them anymore. They replied back to an email I sent. NUTS! Back to the drawing board :)

KevinMcL

Agent
Or, you could always make'em yourself. (heehee)

Use a good color printer, have the prints laminated, and/or plaque mounted, and voila! Super-cheap. I even made my own DVD-case matinee sign, like the ones they sell on the 'net for $30. I used the above technique, but laminated the small portion of print with packing tape, and it looks very professional.

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
That's a great looking sign, Darren!!!! I didn't see the THX one on there....maybe I just missed it. But still...the whole HT package looks great!!

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
For those that made your own - where did u get high-res images of the logos?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks