What's new

This just in... (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Good, Ive been toying with the idea for the last 8 years and thanks to CNN I am now finally confident enough to invest in one of those newfangled DVD players ive been hearing so much about.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
[Monty Python] I'm not dead yet.....[Monty Python]

I was stuck home with the flu yesterday and watched my "Red Dwarf" VHS tapes for the first time in years... I was surprised the old Sony VHS player powered up !

What was real scary is that my 12 yr old daughter started watching them with me after school and enjoyed them !

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well it should be! Otherwise Al Gore will have wasted all of his time and effort inventing it!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Did anyone else notice that the article in question is an AP article, and not from CNN?

The mainstream press in general is horrible with tech reporting--I get tired of CNN bashing.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
CNN put the article - unaltered - on their site. That makes them responsible for it. If they had issue with anything it said they could have had a reporter make a few phone calls to get more info and re-write it. And headlines on websites and in newspapers are the work of the editors there, not the reporters or colunmists who supply the text. If CNN gets "bashed" then it is often because they deserve it.

Sorry if this offends anyone's tender sensiblities. Personally, I tend not to get emotionally involved with giant media conglomerates that are only marginally competent in their chose fields. But hey, that's just me. :)

Regards,

Joe

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
The article reads as though the reporter pulled the usual bonehead trick of saying "Digital == High Definition". Even people who really ought to know better assume this. I read a forum post [AVS, even!] in which someone said "I didn't know you could have HD which wasn't digital!" and the advertising-level nonsense everybody pays attention to seems to have infiltrated most of the public with this idea.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecisely.

Not to mention that -- have you noticed? -- all the scientific expertise and research in America are concentrated at Emery University. Odd that it just happens to be in Atlanta, located basically across the street from Turner's old offices, no?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks