What's new

The Wire - 6/9 (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
I liked the second episode much more than the first. It doesn't seem like it will be much more than a typical crime drama, but last night made me want to continue watching it. Much better than the first episode...

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Yep -- looks like this will be good stuff. The Lt. Daniels character is becoming very interesting as he's pulled in several directions at once.
As a "Homicide: Life on the Streets" fanatic, this show has a whole additional layer for me, devoted to spotting the HLOTS connections:
- Peter Gerety (Gharty on HLOTS) playing the judge
- Erik Todd Dellums (Luther Mahoney on HLOTS) playing the coroner :)
- The "board" in the Homicide squad room
- People talking about "red balls" and "stone cold whodunnits"
Ah, if only they were driving around in little white Cavaliers instead of Crown Vics, it would be just like the good old days.
Ryan

Butch C

Second Unit
I saw a little preview on HBO and it seemed that it had its priorities out of whack
"All cops are not good guys, and all dealers are not bad!"
What kinda crap is that? I know there are bad cops but if any show wants me to feel bad for dealers they gotta be kidding me!
Ill watch Cisco Pike for a drug dealing hero.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
spotting the HLOTS connections
You missed three obvious ones:
- David Simon, author of Homicide and The Corner is the driving force
- Clark Johnson, aka Meldrick, directed the first two episodes (and maybe more)
- The Baltimore setting, their tourism department must be reeling after this show and The Sum of All Fears. :)
It would be more difficult to list the Oz connections.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
It would be more difficult to list the Oz connections.
Lance Reddick - on Oz was Mobay, an undercover agent who ended up addicted to drugs and then killed in Oz...

Seth Gilliam - on Oz was Warden Leo Glenn's nephew, Clayton, who was at first an Oz guard that ended up shooting the governer and becoming an Oz prisoner.

J.D. Williams - on Oz was part of Adabisi's gang (in fact, was Adabisi's bit** IIRC..) Name on Oz escapes me right now..

Domenick Lombardozzi - on Oz was a small player named Ralph Gulinoon, small guest role IIRC...

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
- David Simon, author of Homicide and The Corner is the driving force
- Clark Johnson, aka Meldrick, directed the first two episodes (and maybe more)
- The Baltimore setting, their tourism department must be reeling after this show and The Sum of All Fears.
Well, yeah, I was kind of taking those as givens. :)
Poor Baltimore. What's next, locusts?
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks