What's new

The Twilight Zone-"Eye of the Beholder" credits (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why the quality of the end credits for this episode are so poor on the DE? The Treasures version looks great! It looks like the dvd producers could've taken the credits from this source. I think the originals were probably cut from the negative when the show was re-broadcast...but that doesn't make sense that the Treasures copy would be so much better. The alternate "The Private World of Darkness" credits are closer to how the Treasures version looked. Were the CBS prints dupes from the negatives? And if so,could the DE credits still be as good as it would've looked on tv's in 1960?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
There are 2 different versions of those end credits. One has the original "The Eye of the Bolder" title. The other was retitled "A Private World of Darkness".

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I know. What I am saying is that the version "Eye of the Beholder" has end credits that look terrible...like from a dupe. The "Private" credits look great. But the weird thing is that the original "Eye" credits look great on previous releases. I was just wondering where they got these from and why they didn't use the superior print from the previous release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks