What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip

A TT vote for

"HUD"

[Hey, has anyone noticed? These same three letters can be rearranged to say UHD.:cool: ]​

Last edited:

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
The Age of Innocence is released by Sony and is available in a region free disc from Amazon.de. Great looking PQ. Must have.

Second vote for The Prince of Tides, also, Streisand's other tour de force, The Mirror Has Two Faces. Each LONG OVERDUE for a Blu-ray. But what do I know?

Boy, I'm with you! It'd be great it TT released "The Age of Innocence" and "The Prince of Tides" on Blu-ray. Maybe they could even get the Streisand commentary that was on the Criterion laserdisc of "Prince" as a supplemental feature.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Boy, I'm with you! It'd be great it TT released "The Age of Innocence" and "The Prince of Tides" on Blu-ray. Maybe they could even get the Streisand commentary that was on the Criterion laserdisc of "Prince" as a supplemental feature.

I'm thinking Criterion will release Prince of Tides since they released it on LD. They seem to be releasing some of the popular Columbia TriStar titles they had on Laserdisc like Tootsie, The Big Chill and The Fisher King.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Just finished watching The Chase. Still figuring it out, but it almost reminded me of an epic, all-star, widescreen, Technicolor Twilight Zone/Apocalypse Now mashup. That's not the right way to put it, but....wow, Brando sure gave it his all, didn't he? Brutal at times for a movie from 1966.

Anyway, outstanding picture quality on this Sony/Columbia release. Memorable score from John Barry. I must be a freak, but I think I liked it better than Bonnie and Clyde, which Arthur Penn directed the next year.

Strange contrast of incredibly beautiful actors—Jane Fonda, Robert Redford, Angie Dickinson, Marlon Brando, etc.—in a sordid and searing critique of America at the time. Perhaps because it was an adapted play it had a certain stagey and artificial quality in places, but that didn't stop it from being strong stuff. Apparently Brando himself singled out the movie as an example of his method acting, and I can see it.

Anyway, recommended!

6902419_f520.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
PS And, was it just me, or did it seem like there was a tiny replay of part of the aftermath of the JFK assassination in The Chase?

PPS Looked like Redford was doing his own stunts while walking on top of a fast-moving train. Yikes.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
"The Chase".
Thanks TT for bringing forth those once remembered Brando titles.
I wonder how many Brando films that makes within their catalogue?
Any chances of TT acquiring "Julius Caesar"?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Julius Caesar is with Warner, so as much as I would like an isolated track for Rozsa's score (including the unused overture), I would say the chances of TT getting Julius Caesar are slim to none.

Reactions: PMF

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The Chase makes my new top ten list for 1966: 1. (tie) The Sand Pebbles/The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 2. The Chase 3. A Man For All Seasons 4. Persona 5. The Professionals 6. This Property is Condemned 7. Fahrenheit 451 8. Seconds 9. Hawaii 10. Torn Curtain 11. Grand Prix 12. Blowup 13. Khartoum

Anyone else have a list of favorite films from 1966? Where do the TT titles from this year rank for you?

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Just watched Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte for the first time. I somehow avoided reading anything about it, and so I was surprised and even shocked a few times. Excellent movie imho. Fantastic PQ. One of my top 10 TT releases. Highly recommended.

hush-hush-sweet-charlotte-movie-poster-1964-1020462369.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Pre-order time says 4PM EST, which I presume is Eastern Standard Time. Standard time doesn't begin until this Sunday, Nov 6. Today and for the next few days we're still in EDT. Unless that's code that pre-orders will really open at 3PM today? :blink:

Updated 4:10PM - Ordered Moby Dick and The Train.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks