What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ok, I'll just come out and ask any rep from TT who might be able or willing to answer: Are you planning to release any further Francois Truffaut films (specifically SMALL CHANGE and THE WILD CHILD) from the MGM/UA library?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Ok, I'll just come out and ask any rep from TT who might be able or willing to answer: Are you planning to release any further Francois Truffaut films (specifically SMALL CHANGE and THE WILD CHILD) from the MGM/UA library?

Many thanks in advance.
We do not have those titles under license at this time.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I've got a question for TT as well. Sidonis just last week released the only blu-ray version we've yet seen of the wonderful 1961 Barabbas. I inquired directly to the company about the unremovable subtitles that their product in particular always seem to have. They replied that the company they licensed Barabbas from, probably MGM, requires them to have unremovable subs in order not to impede sales of said film in the USA and other markets. I asked Kino is they might ever release this landmark film and they replied that they do not have the rights. I'd hope that means that TT might. It would certainly mean a lot to classic epic fans to know if we might ever expect to see in HD form. After all, we were delighted to get Alexander the Great, Exodus and Anastasia not long ago. And, frankly, your releases had PQ head and heels above those from Germany and Japan so everybody I know who had bought the first two double dipped with pleasure. Any chance?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Barabbas is a Columbia title so Sony should have it. TT has released other Columbia movies.

p118_p_v8_aa.jpg

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I'm sure that if the elements were in good shape or if Sony was doing a new 4K scan our friends at TT would jump on the chance to release Barabbas. Of course I would want the Roadshow version which includes the Overure and Entr'acte.
Yes, and we don't believe the elements are in good enough shape at this time for a Sony license.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Yes, and we don't believe the elements are in good enough shape at this time for a Sony license.

if they were in the state the greatest story ever told was, i would be very content with that. (if they don't plan on restoring it ever)
i'm sure it would be much better than the dvd.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

john a hunter

Screenwriter
It looked fabulous in 70mm.
Quite frankly it would be a travesty to release a BD from a less than a restored source.
The DVD is a washed out mess.
Odeon Haymarket Doug?
Great film, brand new cinema!

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I paid a few visits to the Odeon Haymarket during my time in London in the early to mid 70's. A great cinema in terms of screen and sound system. Great memories!!

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Exclusive to www.screenarchives.com...sale runs from 4 pm Eastern today to 4 pm Eastern on Tuesday Dec 6th...many titles included - many are low quantity - 2016 titles are only those released from January - July.

Attachments

• Twilight-Time-sale-FB-ad-1200x628-v2.jpg
    Twilight-Time-sale-FB-ad-1200x628-v2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 115

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, we haven't been sent the ad yet though.
Interesting. I've been getting all the promo emails and ads, since I purchased last year, but the login from last year does not work. The sale opened today, Nov 16.

Though my wallet would prefer I not buy any more.... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks