What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Title Suggestions for TT:

"Going In Style"; Art Carney, George Burns and Lee Strasberg.
"Harry and Tonto"; Art Carney
"Gigot"; Jackie Gleason and directed by Gene Kelly

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, then, if Warner's has "Going in Style", then let's substitute that for one other Fox title:
"The Turning Point" (1977)
11 Oscar Nominations, including: Picture, Director, Writing, Cinematography, Sound, Art Direction, Editing, Supporting Actor & Actress; plus Actress for both Shirley MacLaine and Anne Bancroft.
Not a bad take for a film that was also up against "Star Wars", "Annie Hall", "Julia" and "The Goodbye Girl";
which, BTW, are now all available on BD.

Okay, I'm cheating; one other suggestion:

"Madame Sousatzka" (1988): Dir. John Schlesinger; Shirley MacLaine, Peggy Ashcroft, Twiggy.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Looking forward to "The Fortune Coookie" and "How to Steal a Million".:popcorn:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
My Twilight Time Hope-Fors:

Hammerhead (1968, Columbia/Sony): Judy Geeson kills it in this Bond-knockoff spyfi thriller. Bonus: Diana Dors.

Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978, Columbia/Sony): I know that supposedly Indicator overseas is releasing this across the pond. Would like a quality American TT release here.

Thank God Its Friday (1978, Columbia/Sony): OK I know that this isn't a genre that TT normally releases but if not TT, how bout Kino or Criterion step up. Hey this film won a Oscar (Best Song, "Last Dance" by Donna Summer).

Die Die My Darling (1965, Columbia/Sony): Tallulah Bankhead later in her film career is absolutely terrifying as the fanatical mean ol lady. Also known as "Fanatic".

Cinderella Liberty (1973, 20th Century Fox): Marsha Mason 5 years prior to The Goodbye Girl. Caught this on TV in 74 but didn't quite understand it then. Would love it now.

Last edited:

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I would like:

EFFECT OF GAMMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS
SHOCK TREATMENT (1964)
CINDERELLA LIBERTY
THE INCIDENT (which has been released abroad)
THE CRIMSON KIMONO
HOMICIDAL

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I would like:

EFFECT OF GAMMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS
SHOCK TREATMENT (1964)
CINDERELLA LIBERTY
THE INCIDENT (which has been released abroad)
THE CRIMSON KIMONO
HOMICIDAL

HOMICIDAL was recently released by Mill Creek.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Has the Year of the Comet been cancelled?

TT on Facebook commented on its slight delay:

"Just a heads-up that TT has decided to put back the release of William Goldman's YEAR OF THE COMET (1992) a couple of weeks as we are trying to "clear" one last element for the title - it's a gamble as we might not be able to include it in the end, but we are having a go and it will be a treat for movie music lovers if we're successful...wish us luck!"

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
TT on Facebook commented on its slight delay:

"Just a heads-up that TT has decided to put back the release of William Goldman's YEAR OF THE COMET (1992) a couple of weeks as we are trying to "clear" one last element for the title - it's a gamble as we might not be able to include it in the end, but we are having a go and it will be a treat for movie music lovers if we're successful...wish us luck!"

I'm guessing that means they're trying to clear the use of John Barry's rejected score - which remains unreleased AFAIK.

Reactions: PMF

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Well, then, if Warner's has "Going in Style", then let's substitute that for one other Fox title:
Okay, I'm cheating; one other suggestion:

"Madame Sousatzka" (1988): Dir. John Schlesinger; Shirley MacLaine, Peggy Ashcroft, Twiggy.
This is a Universal title. Has TT released anything from Universal yet?

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks