What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yup, that was one of them. I watched Lilies of the Field years ago on TCM and enjoyed it. For $10 (and a bit more for Mississippi Burning...picked up Yentl yesterday), I can justify it.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Received How To Suceed in Business and Peyton Place today. I love opening these discs and you get hit with a powerful fresh ink smell from the booklet. It's like opening an album in the 60s. Great and thank you TT.
Already with 7 "Likes" for the Dee Zee post,
I'm starting to wonder if our HTF membership is really a front for Hot-Off-The-Press paper-sniffers.;)
Anyone do the same in Grade School when the teacher handed them their newly arrived order from the Scholastic Book Services?:thumbs-up-smiley:
Yup, that freshly delivered aroma from a TT parcel sure does beat the smell of Vinegar Syndrome from a vault.:)

Last edited:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Already with 7 "Likes" for the Dee Zee post,
I'm starting to wonder if our HTF membership is really a front for Hot-Off-The-Press paper-sniffers.;)
Anyone do the same in Grade School when the teacher handed them their newly arrived order from the Scholastic Book Services?:thumbs-up-smiley:
Yup, that freshly delivered aroma from a TT parcel sure does beat the smell of Vinegar Syndrome from a vault.:)

Sorry for getting OT, but I still remember that our elementary school's printing/copy machine would occasionally break down, and they'd have to pull out the old mimeograph machine and all of us kids would breathe in real deep when we got our handouts. Fun stuff. I lived in a fairly poor district so we had a mix of some state of the art stuff (like one laserdisc player and some Apple II computers) mixed with some ancient equipment like the mimeograph and old 16mm projectors to watch old science films from the 1950's. It was an interesting time.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Has "Moby Dick" sold out, yet?
I'm hoping so, as it will be a testament to Mr. Kimbel.
The work and the end results look fantastic !!!
Just think. 8 months of an incredible effort leading to a sell-out in just 4 months.:cool:
Talk about a triumph of the will.*

*(those who connect the dots will get my reference) ;).

Last edited:

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I just received How to Succeed in Business and WOW, we have been plagued by a mono soundtrack from this for years, and after just trying it out on my computer blu-ray player, it sounds like it is true stereo sound. I will have to try the headphones to see if there is really true stereo separation, but either way I am blown away by the sound on the 5.1 track. Member Joe Capps has been saying all along that he saw this at Radio City Music Hall in true stereo, and I know a collector in California who had a 35mm true stereo print but I could not convince him to contact MGM Home Entertainment for them to use the track, maybe he did after all. Is anyone familiar with the theatrical showing of the film and if you saw it in stereo does it sound like the blu-ray 5.1 track? I still can't tell if it is true stereo as I have not had time to play it in the home theater or with headphones. But what a major improvement in sound, thank you so much Twilight Time! Another hats off to Twilight Time disc.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I've just figured out why I'm still without a true home theater.
It seems that my priorities got channeled towards purchasing all of the TT titles I can get my hands on, before they've sold out.
Oh, well, I've got the goods...and the rest will follow; right?:)

Last edited:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I just received How to Succeed in Business and WOW, we have been plagued by a mono soundtrack from this for years, and after just trying it out on my computer blu-ray player, it sounds like it is true stereo sound. I will have to try the headphones to see if there is really true stereo separation, but either way I am blown away by the sound on the 5.1 track. Member Joe Capps has been saying all along that he saw this at Radio City Music Hall in true stereo, and I know a collector in California who had a 35mm true stereo print but I could not convince him to contact MGM Home Entertainment for them to use the track, maybe he did after all. Is anyone familiar with the theatrical showing of the film and if you saw it in stereo does it sound like the blu-ray 5.1 track? I still can't tell if it is true stereo as I have not had time to play it in the home theater or with headphones. But what a major improvement in sound, thank you so much Twilight Time! Another hats off to Twilight Time disc.

Can you blame him for not putting it in MGM's tender loving hands? Look what happened to that print of The Alamo!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't think Moby has sold out but Birdman of Alcatraz has today and both Hawaii movies are well under 50 copies.

I should be more specific Birdman sold out at TT but still available at SA

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It sold out earlier in the week according to TT's Facebook account.

Yep, Moby sold out at both places.

And, as was mentioned, Birdman is gone at TT, still at SAE, I believe.

I'm glad I jumped on it and Lilies of the Field when TT put out their first "running low" alert on it a couple weeks back.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Can you blame him for not putting it in MGM's tender loving hands? Look what happened to that print of The Alamo!
I totally agree with you about putting it in MGM's hands, but I am unfamiliar with the ALAMO story, I know people were trying to get it restored, but nothing about a collector and his copy.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I've just figured out why I'm still without a true home theater.
It seems that my priorities got channeled towards purchasing all of the TT titles I can get my hands on, before they sold out.
Oh, well, I've got the goods...and the rest will follow; right?:)

Hollywood has had a different way of saying this for years, even decades: "Content is king."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks