What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
A quick question to Twilight Time insider is he/she sees this.

What;s the current situation for exchanging defective/damaged discs for those items that are sold out? For some reason I was under the impression there was a contingency for such things though honestly I could be confusing with the Criterion exchange discussion from a year or so back regarding the "Bronzing" discs

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
A quick question to Twilight Time insider is he/she sees this.

What;s the current situation for exchanging defective/damaged discs for those items that are sold out? For some reason I was under the impression there was a contingency for such things though honestly I could be confusing with the Criterion exchange discussion from a year or so back regarding the "Bronzing" discs

I would email the storefront you purchased it at either SAE or Twilight Time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't recommend RAPTURE highly enough. Please buy it before it is too late! It is a minor classic.
Okay, with the 7 for $70 going on I bit on Rapture. Don't know anything about it, but with Melvyn Douglas in it how can I go wrong? Seems like a steal at $10.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I would email the storefront you purchased it at either SAE or Twilight Time.

I actually wasn't asking personally, just in response to a post I read on a different forum. A recently sold out disc which freezes part way
through and reads as corrupted on a scan. As I understand the situation the poster emailed either the seller or TT directly and was told they weren't any replacement discs available.

As an owner of most if not all of the sold out items that was a bit disturbing to hear. It also seemed to go against the information I thought I knew though with so many studios I could be confusing things. I know they can't sell more after the 3000 (or 5000), but was under the impression there were avenues for replacements if needed. A reply like that with no offer to look into things further also seems a bit out of character for my dealing with TT/SAE so I wasn't sure if maybe some wires were crossed with the question or answer. Or maybe I'm the confused party mixing my answers.

Okay, with the 7 for $70 going on I bit on Rapture. Don't know anything about it, but with Melvyn Douglas in it how can I go wrong? Seems like a steal at $10.

Honestly I have a hard time believing that anyone who is a fan of classic movies or the genre won't enjoy Rapture esp for $10

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Dear TT, I would like to ask a question:

Were you offered/did you ask for Little Women (1994) and Stepmom from Sony, or you weren't/didn't?
It's very disappointing that those are/will be released in BD-Rs from Sony Choice Collection and I'll certainly won't support those although I love the films and would like to have them on bluray!
We have never been offered either title.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else pre-order any of this week's new TT releases from SAE?

Back on March 1st, I pre-ordered How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with two items in the SAE sale (Nicholas Nickleby and Zulu).

I was figuring that they hadn't arrived because I was smack in the middle of the blizzard this week that hit the northeast (two feet of snow still on the ground here!). But I have since received shipment of my Amazon order of Passengers along with other mail and nothing from SAE in sight.

So, I just checked my order at ScreenArchives.com and it says my status is "pending." It also says How to Succeed is still a "pre-order" title with a March 14th release date.

So I'm confused.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Back on March 1st, I pre-ordered How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with two items in the SAE sale (Nicholas Nickleby and Zulu).

I was figuring that they hadn't arrived because I was smack in the middle of the blizzard this week that hit the northeast (two feet of snow still on the ground here!). But I have since received shipment of my Amazon order of Passengers along with other mail and nothing from SAE in sight.

So, I just checked my order at ScreenArchives.com and it says my status is "pending." It also says How to Succeed is still a "pre-order" title with a March 14th release date.

So I'm confused.

I've pre-ordered Peyton Place. I've also ordered a non-Twilight Time disc, The Jigsaw Murders. Screen Archives have today emailed me they're on the way.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven't ordered this months titles, but I have had similar pre-order experiences with both SAE and the TT website. The street date seems more like an approximation for when it will be available rather than a firm promise that you'll have the disc in your hands on that exact date; sometimes they ship a little earlier, often they ship a little later. When you order from the TT website, it ships directly from the replicator, so it gets out a tiny bit faster. SAE has to first get the shipment of product from TT before they can send it out to individual customers, so that can add a few days. The weather this week probably hasn't helped either. I would guess that you'll see them at some point next week.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
EDIT: I've since posted this in the more appropriate TT thread.

Please excuse if my input here would be better expressed in existing threads or more appropriate threads elsewhere, as I have not done a thorough search but post here more on impulse.

I don't know how far ranging your plans are for Woody Allen releases (I love what you've done so far), but of his somewhat more recent work I'd love to see 'Deconstructing Harry' and 'Sweet and Lowdown'.

So far as the work of other filmmakers that is considered having limited market appeal, or "cult favorite" status, I'd really love to see 'Hurlyburly', 'North Fork', and 'Gods and Monsters' have a Blu-ray release.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

So I'm confused.

I ordered the 4 new releases on March 1 along with a couple other discounted items. I also put in a second order for older items on Monday. I got shipment emails for both Friday.

That's not terribly out of line with SAE pre-orders especially since TT was forced to go with Technicolor plant since they have to wait on
delivery of the item and then repackage/ship to the customer. When there is one of these bigger sales simultaneous it always adds a few days to the turnaround. Even when they were with Cinram it wasn't unusual for TT titles seeming to get bumped by higher volume customers on the replication schedule, with the Technicolor capacity issues that seem to come up regularly for multiple studios it seems to have gotten worse. Most of my preorders ship Wed-Friday after release day even when there isn't an extra delay and the more items in the order it seems those go out a little later.

I like a lot of things about SAE, but rapid turnaround of orders is not their strength. I will gladly trade the 4-7 day delay for their usual packaging since they are one of the few companies (outside Japan it seems) that still pack things properly -- Bubble wrap all around and proper sized boxes. 1 or 2 items order often go out in Bubble envelopes, but I usually request a box at checkout in the comment section and to date they've always come through. Now that they offer Media Mail it's a double benefit esp as close as I am to HQ since it rarely even adds a day over Priority or First Class

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I came here to report I just sent them an e-mail asking about the order. The order is still listed in my account as "pending."

This is going to probably cause me to turn to TT for any future orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks