What's new

The SVS Decision (1 Viewer)

Tarry

Auditioning
:b Oops I can spell " decision "
I would like to get a few opinions and after two years of following this forum I know I will get them. So here is the problem. I have finally decided to get a new sub and i think SVS is the was to go. I very rarely hear any negative comments about the subs.

So what's my question well I dont know which to get. My room is 24' x 17' x 10' with carpeted and the TV on the 24' wall. I currently use B&W 602 s2 for the mains and B&W 601 s2 for the rear. The budget has room for the following subs. Maybe a little more you know how the HT bug bites ) PB1 (looks like good bang for the buck and easily hidden) 25-31PCi (again good bang for the buck but harder to hide) 25-31PC-PLUS (looks very versatile).

Well what do you guys think. which would you choose and why? Will these fill the room and grow with my system? Or would you suggest a different model in the SVS line?

Lastly I am a little uncomfortable breaking the first rule of speaker buying? LISTEN TO THE SPEAKERS.

Thanx for your Input
Tarry

:)

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Lastly I am a little uncomfortable breaking the first rule of speaker buying? LISTEN TO THE SPEAKERS.
Don't worry about that one, you have a 45 day *no questions asked return guarantee* So in the unlikely event you are not happy, you will only incur one-way shipping charges.

Tarry

Auditioning
Thanks John

I emailed SVS earlier today just thought i would check in with you guys to. Good point about the listening preferences they would be about 60/40 movies moderate to loud volume levels. (rarely reference level if at all with my little speakers)

Tarry

Dave Jewett

Agent
Tarry,

My room is 22x13 with a 12ft. vaulted ceiling, open to the dining room(10x12x8). I am very happy with my 25-31PCi sub... I very rarely listen at full reference level, and the sub will more than fill the room with sound. If the PC Plus had been available when I bought my sub I think I would have gone with it over the PCi, just to get the extra headroom the more powerful amp would offer.

Dave

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
With a room THAT! size, given your choices, the only logical answer: 25-31PC+ ... two would be better. Buy one now, buy one later :)

Good Luck, Mitch

DavidLC

Agent
What did SVS recommend?
I emailed them this morning and Eric responded that a PB1 would work fine (unless I really wanted to go “hot” on the bass) in my 17 x 14 x 8 (one door opening) carpeted room.

Tarry

Auditioning
David
SCS-Ron recommended the 25-31PC-Plus. If anyone was wondering he answered in about an hour and a half. That is the type of customer service you just dont see anymore. IMPRESSIVE!

At this point I really leaning toward the 25-31PC-Plus. To any of you that have them how do you feel about the cylinder look as opposed to the box?

Thanx
Tarry

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well I just got the 25-31pci and I was thinking it would be too big but really it isn't and it doesn't look that bad...personally I think I like the look a little better than the traditional box style...it is different :) Check out my pics...

Tarry

Auditioning
Well i bit the bullet I got the SVS 25-31CS-PLUS
Sorry I just had to try that. Anyway it should be here on Thursday according to UPS. So far between SVS-Rons 1 hour response to my email on SUNDAY and there shipping department I an blown away. I really dont see how the SUB could disappoint at this point.

Thanks again to all who responded. Now for the tough part setting it up. This will be an entirely new challenge for me. I gues ill need to get some toys to do that with. Any suggestions?

Tarry

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Heck, that fast email response is INSANE...I emailed Tom from SVS twice today, and as I sat here, he emailed me back and forth within 10 minutes...Ron does the same...I don't expect it, but damn...now I know why I bought a SVS...oh...the product is awesome...need I say more? You WILL like the svs...I'm lookin to upgrade soon(I have a 2039pci svs to sell off) moving into a larger room, and of course, I want headroom...:) tL

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
pleasant as it was to deal with Tom and Ron, I regret to say that I won't be dealing with them anytime soon...

why? my SVS25-31PCi is just awesome and just right for my purposes, I cannot see myself needing an upgrade of any sort for several years to come, at least until I can afford a nice big house (which is many, many years off, at the insane prices around here :frowning: )

so sorry Tom & Ron, you've earned my business once and my undying respect, but I haven't got any more business for you :frowning: you do have, however, another ardent fan happy to recommend your subs and offer auditions to anyone else around here who cares to listen :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks