What's new

The Sum of All Fears - cover art (1 Viewer)

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on SE's of the other Clancy movies? You'd think there would be some sort of cross promotion.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
Is that the exact same cover as the movie poster? Can't wait for the dvd though, especially since I missed it in theaters.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Exact poster art, yes. NO SE's of the others on the way!! Forgive me if I'm exasperated, and perhaps you just missed it, but that question keeps getting asked, and the answer hasn't changed.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
*Sigh*, such a shame the poster had to be a "look at my noggin" one

I'd erase Ben&Morgan's heads, center the title and kill the Ebert quote

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I figured that the cover art was going to be the same as the poster and the PC game box art.

It looks like the DVD art doesn't have the tagline though:

"27,000 nuclear weapons. One is missing."

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, not quite exactly the same. Posters tend to have the title at the bottom, whereas DVD boxes have them at the top. :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
*yawn* Couldn't they try, just once, to put a little thought into cover-art? And it doesn't matter that this resembles the poster, cause the posters are just as boring and unimaginative as the DVD cover art.

Bruce

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
I never like big heads on posters or covers. I think, like Jeff said, get rid of the heads and make the title a little larger. Also, I'd add more red.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Ha. It's better than the screener tape. Instead of the Roger Ebert quote it says this "SEE THIS ONE." Jeffery Lyons, NBC TV.

Anyways, I would imagine this must be seen on DVD (audio wise).

Street Date 10/29/2002

I honestly wasn't too impressed with the adaptation of the movie. I think the editing was pretty rough, would've liked a longer version.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've never read the book, and enjoyed the film immensely. I never try to confuse the entertainment of a book with that of a film...they're two separate mediums. But this isn't the place for such a discussion. My wife and I are looking forward to the DVD is all I'm trying to say.

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
wonder what " Sum of All Fears" translates to french as this is what half the box will read in Canada ?

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else find it odd that they would willingly put the 3 1/2 stars in the quote on the front?? Seems to me, if I have a film that got anything less than 4 stars, I surely wouldn't be putting that in quotes on the front of my DVD packaging. That's almost promoting mediocrity. Not that I think the film itself is "mediocre", I quite enjoyed... but you know what I mean.
I don't like quotes on DVD covers to begin with, but this one just seems downright nonsensical. I would have left it at just "Thumbs Up!" or left it off altogether.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yeaa, but 3.5 isn't perfect. It just looks silly on there. Almost like they're hoping people will ask "Is that the best they could do?" It'd be much better if they just gave a line from a review instead of the rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks