What's new

the stupidity continues (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
remember the long thread about stupid people about 1-2 months ago? sparked by my rear ending?
I nearly got clipped AGAIN today in this stupid town.

Another of grand forks fine drivers decided to change lanes IN an intersection (of course) No biggie except my front bumper is even with the back of his driver's side door (it's a trailer trash style camero) Despite my better judgement I hit the brakes and moved left so he didn't clip me, pulled up next to him to exhange some friendly words ("WATCH WHERE THE FUCK YOU'RE GOING" comes to mind) he has no idea he's nearly caused an accident, not a clue. He still doesn't believe me. Fucking people.

and people wonder why there's a serious problem with road rage.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen anyone do in a car on public roads EVER. Im sitting in the left lane of the inbound Ft. Pitt tunnel in Pittsburgh on my way to work. The right lane is closed for repair. Out of my side view I see a old beat up early 90's T-Bird com flying down the closed right lane going at least 50mph. Just before the large sandbagged sign at the other end of the tunnel the guy slams on his breaks comes screeching to almost a halt and then cuts someone off to get in the left lane again.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
Carry mace and when you drive by them give them a quick spray. Now here's the good part. When you spray them they can't read your plate!!!!! Of course it is illegal so maybe you should disregard what I have said.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
No biggie except my front bumper is even with the back of his driver's side door
That means you were driving in the guy's blind spot. It's usually best to avoid doing that - or so I was taught in driver's ed. Cut the other guy some slack!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
That means you were driving in the guy's blind spot. It's usually best to avoid doing that - or so I was taught in driver's ed. Cut the other guy some slack!
In heavy traffic it is very difficult to avoid ever being in someone else's blind spot. And in driver's ed I was taught to turn my head and check my damned blind spot before making a lane change. This clown deserves no slack. Nobody with a working brain relies entirely on the car's mirrors, precisely because they do have a blind spot.

Regards,

Joe

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Ah, AllanN, I could write a book on the stupid Pittsburgh driver. I get nearly killed by one on a weekly basis.

My favorite Pittsburgh road sign is the "Targeted Enforcement Area" sign on 376 East...does that mean that no traffic laws will be enforced anywhere else?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
A.) every car's blind spot is different, it's not my problem
B.) tell the guy ahead of me doing 30 in a 40, in the left lane to get the fuck over
C.) it's not my problem. He has to yield. Something most driver's don't seem to know the definition of.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
In heavy traffic it is very difficult to avoid ever being in someone else's blind spot. And in driver's ed I was taught to turn my head and check my damned blind spot before making a lane change. This clown deserves no slack. Nobody with a working brain relies entirely on the car's mirrors, precisely because they do have a blind spot.
Exactly! The only vehicles that I make it a point to stay out of the blind spot for is big trucks because they obviously have to rely on their mirrors.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
D.) He was in the freakin intersection! Regardless of whether he looked at his blind spot or not, he shouldn't have even attempted the lane change!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
One of my best friends was on his way to work Monday in his RSX and was broadsided by a soccor mom in an Escalade who ran a stopsign and bolted across a 4-lane highway because (get this) she figured people would have to yield to her if she was crossing the highway! :angry: He had to be cut from the car but, aside from a few cuts and bruises, he's ok. His car, on the other hand, is totalled. The police report showed an estimated speed for the Escalade at time of impact was around 50mph. The lady never hit her brakes.
Why do we insist on giving the idiots among us the biggest weapons available?!?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Even in this one horse town I live in, the examples above occur pretty much on a daily basis. I used to get mad alot as well...but, it just isn't worth the anger. People are going to continue to drive stupidly whether I get irate or not. All I do is make sure my insurance is kept up.

Bruce

PatrickM

Screenwriter
One of my best friends was on his way to work Monday in his RSX and was broadsided by a soccor mom in an Escalade who ran a stopsign and bolted across a 4-lane highway because (get this) she figured people would have to yield to her if she was crossing the highway! He had to be cut from the car but, aside from a few cuts and bruises, he's ok. His car, on the other hand, is totalled. The police report showed an estimated speed for the Escalade at time of impact was around 50mph. The lady never hit her brakes.
Don't make this an SUV thing. Its not. Crappy drivers are everywhere and drive every type of car. Up here we have problems with idiots modifying their RSX's and ramming into cars as they street race. One guy in a suped up Civic t-boned a RCMP while racing and now he's charged with vehicular manslaughter.

Patrick

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
Ok imagine this: a stretch of road, 2 lanes each way, 2 foot high metal barrier on the median, not a highway, but traffic flows 60-70mph.
Now there is a break in the median, for emergency vehicles only obviously, since it's marked off in many solid yellow lines.
Conveniently placed across from the median break is a business on the southbound side, so vehicles traveling southbound would safely slow down on the shoulder and pull into the driveway. Anybody traveling northbound who wanted to get into that driveway would have to drive about a mile more, make a turn at the intersection and come back on the southbound side.
Now this all happens within 1-2 seconds, about 6 months ago I was traveling from lunch in the left lane, northbound, and an SUV swerves from in front of me to the right lane, so I had no visibility past him at all. Sun was shining from behind, so brake lights were literally invisible.
If it's obvious by now, behind the SUV was a car STOPPED in the fast lane, waiting for the traffic to clear in southbound to make a turn into that business through the emergency median break. Her break lights were not visible, and it happened so fast it didn't even cross my mind that somebody could be completely stopped in that spot. The idea to slam the brakes came after her blinker FLASHED! Only then I realized she was turning.
Braking of course didn't slow down me much in the 20ft. of distance left now, so I took a chance and swerved into right lane, as sideswiping someone would be less damaging than rear ending an old small car at 50mph that weight half of mine, as they would be very dead.
And I see folks taking the same maneuver through the median about once every 2 weeks, and that's me passing it only twice a day at 60mph, so it must be happening numerous times every day. I was planning to stop at the townships police to get them to put up a big sign at least, as the markings on the road seems not to do it.
How's that for stupidity? :D

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
It is very frightening that probably 50% of people are complete morons,completely oblivious to what goes on around them.:D and appear to believe the world must stop when needed, so as not to inconvenience them:angry: Most of the time,(when I'm not involved)I just laugh at the utter stupidity of many people while driving,or even interacting with other people.There really is a need for a mandatory Kindergarten refresher course for people once they turn 21.Just to learn the basics of life once again.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks