What's new

The Song I Desire To Hear Most In Hi-rez Multichannel Is: (1 Viewer)

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Glancing at the title it is clear but as I read the responses I became confused because it seem that people were just telling what they want in hi-rez without consideration to the multi-channel aspect.

I'm glad you enjoy the Miles album. If it takes multi-channel mixes to bring new listeners to the great classics then I suppose it has some merit. Have you given the 2 channel mix a chance? I find it exceptional.

Mike

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Have you given the 2 channel mix a chance? I find it exceptional.
I've heard the stereo mix umpteen times from the remastered CD.
I don't think I can change between tracks on Multichannel SACDs. I got my DVP-NS500V as a floor model and it came with the wrong remote from another Sony DVD player. There is no "SACD MULTI/2CH" button.(As shown here on the remote I'm supposed to have). Which brings up a point. Why the hell didn't Sony just make the DVD "Audio" button work for switching between the tracks on SACD? Why use another button? Typical Sony engineering. :rolleyes

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I don't think I can change between tracks on Multichannel SACDs. I got my DVP-NS500V as a floor model and it came with the wrong remote from another Sony DVD player. There is no "SACD MULTI/2CH" button.(As shown here on the remote I'm supposed to have). Which brings up a point. Why the hell didn't Sony just make the DVD "Audio" button work for switching between the tracks on SACD? Why use another button? Typical Sony engineering.
Phillip, If you have a learning remote, simply take it and go to a sore carrying the equipment you have and learn off those remotes:D

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thomas Dolby - Aliens Ate My Buick would be VERY cool in HRMC.

Its pretty well recorded to start with (actually, its one of my reference CDs), and there are lots of cool things going on in the mix.

Air Head would be a hoot!

BL

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Radiohead's subterranean homesick alien
agreed, all of OK computer would be great, especially paranoid android and karma police. i'd also love to hear tommy and quadrophenia in hi rez multi channel, those albums alone could probably get me to buy a dvd-a/sacd player.

CJ

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
While dissimilar in so many ways, the closest to Radiohead on SACD currently available is probably Beck's "Sea Change" (same producer, I think).

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I would have to add Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir," "Ten Years Gone," and "Fool in the Rain." All of these were some of the best produced rock songs ever
Also, the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and some of old Phil Spector would be great, even though I am not sure if new multi-channel versions would be able to compete with the original vinyl. I heard a first run cut of Pet Sounds on a $15,000 table hooked up to a $100,000 set up, and I was in heaven. Just amazing stuff that Brian Wilson did before he went into hibernation in his bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks