What's new

The Simpsons 02/02/03 - "worst episode ever"? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I almost always oppose the "WEE" claims made, and I almost always find something entertaining or funny about every episode... but last night's episode, "Strong arm of the ma" was just plain terrible. Not even the beginning with Rainier Wolfcastle was funny, and scenes with him have always been funny before.

The main problem was that there were simply not enough jokes. The storyline was fine and they could have done SOMETHING with it. Instead it just went on and on and on... I was actually wishing for this episode to end, something that has never happened when I've watched an episode for the first time before.

Oh yeah, actually there were two funny scenes... the first one with Homer on the couch in Wolfcastle's yard ("I'm going!" "we're already there..." "Woohoo!") and the one with Moe setting his bar on fire and realizing he doesn't have insurance. Those made me smile at least.

The rest... ugh...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Really? I thought it was the best episode I had seen in a long time. The Tetris parody really did it for me, but I also enjoyed the air hockey table thing, Bart's impression of Apu, the church scene, and the possible reference to Platoon at Moe's, when "Adagio for Strings" was played. I haven't seen the movie, I just know that song was used. Marge had her arms up in the air like the guy in the Platoon poster, but she also holding up Lenny...:)

Ever since "The Great Louse Detective" when Sideshow Bob did a musical number, I think the Simpsons have been getting better and better. As far as I can remember, everything before that in the current season was just bland.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Every week it seems like there is a different WEE remark...

Still like the show, still found it funny and happy that it is one of the few shows that I watch on network television...

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Missed the 8:00 episode but the 8:30 episode was the Marge breast implant repeat. Not very funny... It's pretty sad when you have to invite Adam West as a guest voice AGAIN.

Malcolm in the Middle, however, was classic. For me, it's the new Simpsons.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Homer being sore the day after Marge took him was pretty funny I thought :) Especially when he up and tip toed to the living room :D

Luis S

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I'm with Thomas; I thought it was the best episode in a long time, lots of laughs. I loved the Tetris parody, which reminded me of George Costanza doing Frogger.

~T

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I agree, this was one of the best episodes in a very long time. The thought of Marge practically raping Homer was Hilarious.

Homer-"Can't we just talk about our feelings?"

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
I also got quite a few laughs, and yes, every week, someone says WEE. Who didn't love that Godfather reference??! Hello?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
As usual, the A plot was 10x funnier than the B plot

Malcom was one of the greatest episodes in a very long time tho, especially the Peanuts bit ;)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I'll agree that i thought it was probably the best episode of the season so far. I loved the tetris gag too.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
This was a great episode. I thought they were showing a rerun when I saw the Eye on Springfield Intro. That was a pleasant surprise. There were just a lot of laugh out loud moments. The tetris gag and the Godfather reference were hysterical. This show is starting to show signs of life again.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
MikeS, you've got to be kidding?!?! This was one of the funniest episodes ever. Especially Apu's comment to Marge: "That's the most pungent odor I've ever smelled...and I'm from India".

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather watch the "worst" Simpsons episode than any episode of a lot of other shows, such as Friends.

Joel C

Screenwriter
What was the line that the chef on TV said? Something like, "If you don't feel the burn, the oven isn't on"? That cracked me up.

I liked the first half quite a bit, but it sort of freaked me out when Marge started beating everyone up.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I'm really out of touch with regular people! :D

I really thought this was as lame an episode as they come... but I did forget about the Tetris thing, that was pretty damn funny.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks