What's new

The simple little things in life that we love... (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Velcro and Eddie, my kitty compadres.

Enough rain to be refreshing, but not to get you soaked.

Someone cute smiling at me.

Finding something cool in the sofa cushions (just did!).

A great song.

A Seinfeld rerun.

The first cup of coffee in the morning.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When my cat jumps up on my lap, curls up and starts washing.

Opening a magazine or newspaper and unexpectedly seeing one of my photos in it.

Watching a Reese Witherspoon movie.

Being appreciated.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
1. My son(2 years), daughter(9.5 months), and dog looking at me from the front window as I pull up the driveway everyday when I come home from work.

2. Guinness Beer

3. Playing my guitar

4. Eating pasta with garlic bread and drinking red wine.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Getting my son and daughter at the Kindergarten. Watchng the smil on my sons face when he realize that I'm there.

Waking up in the middle of the night, and realizing that you won't have to go up for hours!

Getting a DVD in the mail.

--Anders

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
When my 3 year-old daughter kisses my head when I'm sick and asks if I feel better.

The smell of fresh cut grass after my wife mows the lawn.
:D

Helping my 76 year-old Dad put together his first home theater.

Watching the smoke curl off the tip of a good cigar.

Driving home from work on Friday afternoon, windows down, sunroof open, tunes loud.

Blasting Southbound (live) by the Allman Brothers at ear-bleed volume.

Walking out of the tunnel at Fenway Park.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
The great feeling you get after a hard work-out

enjoying a hearty meal after your work-out

beating a game that you spent 30+ hours on

Watching a movie/tv that gives you that nice warm satifyed feeling at the end.

having unexpected money in your wallet

Buying the last DVD volume of an anime/TV series you've been collecting

A cold glass of Seltzer water (I love that stuff)

When people tell me that I'm losing weight (been excerising alot recently)

Hanging with my friends, drinking beer and playing games

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Here's a few random ones for me:

* I'll second the Double-Double Animal Style. With fries and a real In-N-Out Chocolate Shake, that's unbelievable. I'll add on that Tommy's Chili-Cheese fries ain't bad either.

* Making my son laugh or smile (or just watching him laugh/smile.) It's corny, but it is probably my favorite thing in the world.

* Playing a game (any type of game) and passing that subtle threshold from when you might win to where you know you are going to win. Can be a boardgame, computer game, poker, whatever.

* Waking up early for work and realizing it is Saturday; going back to sleep.

* Picking up a movie or book that you know nothing about and discovering that it is really, really good. Any unexpected surprise like this is a huge plus for me. An example was reading the first Harry Potter when my wife just said "read this!"

One more:

* There is a time of sunset at certain times of the year, no matter where you live in the world, when everything in the world turns golden. Literally the light out of the sky is gold colored and everything takes on that hue for 5-10 mins. When I happen to be outside and catch that moment, it makes my whole week. Feels like being in a different world.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I'll second the Double-Double Animal Style. With fries and a real In-N-Out Chocolate Shake, that's unbelievable. I'll add on that Tommy's Chili-Cheese fries ain't bad either.
you just described the mainstay of my diet when i was in college. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Ted - you must be very happy with that new heart, wonderful what tech can do these days ;)

Hehe...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: yep! it's a good thing i left LA when i did. of course those bastards at in-n-out have found me again.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
My Wife, my daughter and 2 sons
When I go to the emergency room and my favorite nurse asks me what type of pain killer I would like.:D
MY HT
MY woodworking shop in the garage
MY PC
Records (Analog is still great)
My best friend
Tweaking my mother-in-law:D :D oh but you gotta love her
Every day I make it through without SVT: Super Ventricular Tachcardia: Been up to over 260 bpm..:frowning: :frowning:

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Let me add:
Paying all your bills for the month knowing you have another 30 days of freedom. (related: paying off a loan.)

The sense of accomplishment after a good workout.

Kicking Ted Lee's ass in Mario Kart on the SNES. I am sure he dreams of my deadly accurate green shell backwards shot!:D

A good win by your favorite sports team. (Go Kings! Beat LA!)

When a hot chick picks you up in a bar simply because you drink a particular brand of beer. (Whoops, I guess that only happens in commercials.)

And finally, I get great pleasure in being right all the time. It's a great burden, I know, but this is the path that God has chosen for me.:b (To be truthful, I was actually wrong once in my life...it was when I thought I was wrong.) :laugh:

Gawd I crack myself up!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ok, I was in California two years ago on an internship and I went to In-N-Out a few times, but what are these styles you guys are talking about?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
My best friend's contagious laughter.

When my cat Susan insists on lying on top of me while I'm sleeping, as if she's guarding me.

A "potato" from John Nielsen's Authentic Danish Pastries in Seattle. It's a potato-shaped puff pastry filled with custard whipped cream, topped with a thin layer of marzipan (sweet almond paste), all rolled in Dutch cocoa powder. Mmm!

The moment while drinking that first beer when you feel your body just starting to relax.

An unexpected call from an old friend you haven't heard from in a while.

Being told you did a good job on something at work.

Buying stuff... anything! :D

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Forgot one. I don't get this here in L.A., but back in my hometown of Seattle, the first time I'd smell winter coming every year. Usually one day in mid-September I'd smell it, literally smell it. Know what I mean? Then I'd get this incredible deja vu feeling. Ahh. Autumn is my favorite season. :)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Recent Odd Moments Palming successfully and smoothly from 2nd into 3 on a new unfamiliar 6-speed pattern. Gazing into an open-air fire which will always memorize me and where I can remain like a cat, for hours. The very old or very young tossing a head back to laugh. The vicious restlessness that that leaves falling and dancing brittle in autumn winds stir in me.

Very Rarely The satisfying afterpain and stiff muscles after a day with the horses, (which occurs too infrequently for said muscles to stay in shape). When I just handled an almost 2 yr. old filly or stud whom are nervous and full of spunk and they did not kill me. When a foal, stretched to necks reach and legs splayed poised to flee, gingerly and air light lays a velvet nose scratchy with chin wiskers to my side, knee or hand, snorting, escapes across the pasture bucking for joy.

Always My husband who moves as men move. Intent on a task or simple daily routine, pulling on a shirt, picking up a tool, standing across the street legs planted gesturing speaking with the neighbor and I…. just watch.

Past and Treasured Crampons and ice-axe pretending I’m an explorer on a surface as exotic as the moon, as close as I will get to an off- terrestrial landscape, on a touristed helecoptered- in glacier hike. Laying in bed and looking at the poster size picture thinking I WAS there -once. Realizing the adrenaline thrill (isn’t danger fun) that although it’s a canned hike, - when they say don’t step back without looking first -they mean it when I gaze down an icy blue crack without visible end.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
1. Slipping on warm boxer shorts on a cold day.
2. Long John Silvers' chicken recipe.
3. The sound of Kelly Willis's voice.
4. People thinking I'm younger than I am.
5. TV series on DVD.
6. The Shawshank Redemption.
7. Having a girlfriend who thinks the world of me.
8. The first days of spring.
9. Buddies who are always glad to see you.
10. A great forum like HTF and all its great members and staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks