What's new

The show "Fear" on MTV.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Has anybody seen this show? Basically, the show is about 6 people who go to a place that is supposedly haunted. They have gone to an old prison, houses and a old aircraft carrier. They then have to go do dares. For example on the carrier they have to go done into the brig and lock themselves in for a certain amount of time. All of the dares take place at night and they are usually alone and the only light they have is from the video camera. If someone leave and doesn't do the dare. Someone else from the team has to complete the dare. If the members stay and do their assigned dares they each get $5,000.00. But, with the aircraft carrier episode 3 of the people left. They all say they are hearing and feeling stuff. I think that the producers of the show might be planting sounds for them to hear to freak them out.
Curious to what other people who have seen this show think.

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped watching MTV a while ago when they stopped showing music videos, and other music related programs. Now I what much more VH1 that MTV (I never thought I'd live to hear myself say that.)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Physically or mentally?
laugh.gif

Really, would anyone here NOT go into a "haunted" house for $5K... especially if the whole thing is video taped?
/Mike

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Girl goes into woods...a limb cracks somewhere off camera...girl runs back to cabin and swears she almost died. Yeah, I think I got the gist of it. It's not always that lame but too often it is. They do, at times, luck out and come up with some scary stuff. None of it supernatural, however. They had on one guy who was claustrophobic and he had to lay down in a coffin until he was told to come out. While in there, they had another person sneak up and throw shovelfuls of dirt on the coffin. I don't know about you, but that would definitely freak me out.
Bruce
------------------
"I'm taking the No. 1 horse...Up Yours!"-Let It Ride

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I haven't watched that show since the girl went into the old boys correctional facility for a dare and came back claiming she was possessed. For the rest of the show, we got to see her sitting down looking dazed and confused, or else confiding in her friends that she could "feel him inside of me!" That was hokey enough for me. They're probably all paid $5,000 apiece on the condition that they act like the whole thing is real.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
The thing I would change would be to have people there unknown to the "shall we say, contestants" and have these people scare the crap out of them.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks