What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I disagree, it was nice to see Dutch showing some balls and standing up to Vic, albiet, in an indirect way. Although, Vic is certainly not someone you want super pissed off at you.

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Absolutely loved the end of the episode..."it's about stopping him". I used to be a Shane fan back in the day, but with his "I want to be like Vic" work mentality he's gonna wind up like Vic's pilot episode partner by the end of this season. Although I have a feeling Vic may wind up taking it out on Shane's partner to set an example cause as much grief as Shane has given Vic, you can tell he still likes the guy...but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So it looks Aceveda is going to turn up the heat on Rawlings by uniting with some of the dis-pleased uni's. Which will in turn turn up the heat on Vic and then create that wonderful mix of everybody being at everybody's throat on this show.

And I don't know about you guys, but I was yelling at Dutch Boy to stop doing what he was thinking of doing right before he asked Corrine out. Dutch Boy is gonna be in a world of hurt the next time Vic gets in an argument with Corrine and that little tidbit of info comes flying out.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Dutch may be the most deeply psychotic character in a TV series in a long time. He is what Goren on L&O CI is supposed to be, but with a darker, gritty depth. Didn't he kill a cat one epsiode last year to see what it was like?

I think he skirts the edge and put himself in danger to better understand a psychotic criminal mind, not realizing he is blurring the line. Dating Vic's ex-wife and playing guardian to his daughter in the same show is as close to a death wish as one can get.

Hell hath no fury like a Vic Mackey scourned.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

ROFL..... Too funny... Vic boy once and IF he finds out.. I kinda feel sorry for poor old dutch boy.....NAhhhhh

I agree that he is pretty deep character, and yup he was the one who killed a cat last season.... Kinda makes you wonder what they have in store for good ol dutch boy....

R~

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Not since Bayliss on Homocide:Life on the Street has there been a whacko like this. When he killed the cat last year I had flashbacks to Bayliss and his obsession with death. If Dutchboy becomes a bi-sexual that sleeps in a coffin, someone at The Shield owes Barry Levinson some money.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I feel bad for Shane's partner, Armie. He got pulled into a bad situation. Granted, he got himself into it by going along with some bad stuff with Shane at first. Now, he's just trapped due circumstances beyond his control like Shane's screw-ups and deals.

I like his character too so I hope he can get out of his bad situation. :)

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
It's going to hit the fan when Vic and the Boys sitting around in the Barn perusing the latest hidden (car) surveilance videos and running across Dutch and Vic's ex engaging in some questionable carnal activity.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that this latest episode was top notch all the way but I am curious... My DVR had a glitch or something and I lost abut ten minutes in the middle of the episode. Was the Reverend (?) in on the dealings? I gathered since the stuff was in the candles and he would sort of have to know somehow I would imagine.

Also, anyone wanna take bets as to who that is that Vic is firing the gun at in next weeks clip?

Kevin

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's great how they've taken the video surveillance that's been around since the beginning of the season (or was it late last year?) and have brought that in as a larger and more important part of the show now. The characters are smart enough to use the tools that they have to find out the info that they need to know.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

I don't think he was.....he seemed really surprised when Vic cracked open the candle and I did not see him doing the perp walk with the other 9'ers after the bust.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
But that's what The Shield does so well - setting the fuses on plot powderkegs and then waiting for them to explode. :)

Latest episode was terrific. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Aceveda can only go so far before Vic goes digging to find dirt - and you know he'll find it!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It's not the smartest thing he has ever done, but is is a good strike back at Vic for all the shit he gives him. I wonder if Dutch will eventually be the guest of honor at a blanket party.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
What another great freaking episode.... Dutch boy is really getting in deep with vic's wife.... Over at his house, having dinner, playing with vic's kids........ The Sh&t is going to hit the fan in a big way.... Big way...

I can't wait till vic gets aceveda... we know it is coming... Is it me..or is aceveda one of the best villains we have seen in a long time... Every time he is on the screen I want to kill the guy..lol... Great character...

Just waiting to see how the vic-shane thing plays out,,, next week looks interesting....

Did anybody else catch the look glenn close had when she was giving vic the lecture about respect... man.....my wife made the comment... what a great piece of acting in that scene..... You can see the frustration, building in her......

Julian.... man... this guy is out of control... I am waiting for something to happen to him too....

All I can say it is starting to be one hell of a roller coaster ride... and I don't want to get off...

Great episode...

R~

Duane R

Second Unit
I liked the bit with Vic doing the "smoke signals" and his dead car..LOL. I wonder how long it'll take Vic to find Aceveda's hooker and turn the tables...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks