What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes

Agreed. I smell an Emmy for Glenn Close.

I don't think Shane really intends to try to pop Vic. He may be thinking about it, but, in the end he will turn the turntables on Antoine.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

I am thinking the same thing.... I think shane realizes he is in too deep and will ask vic for help... But I could be wrong....

R~

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That last scene was great! It's good to see that Shane was smart enough to know he needed help.

I can not wait until Mackey finds out about Aceveda's 'girlfriend'.

Armie accidentally saved the day (or at least got the location of the girl's body)

Two weeks? Those bastards:)

Duane R

Second Unit
I wonder if the backpack cash is leftover from the money train? Meanwhile, Vic is looking like he's got cancer of the puppy after having to take a backseat with the taskforce. Dutch, you're about to get burned, and bad...By the way, WTF is wrong with you FX? Back to back airings of Independence Day next week instead of The Shield. Tsk, Tsk...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Acevada is one sick dude. His own rape has truly created a monster.

Vic and Shane, will Lem and Ronny buy it that Shane is on the up-and-up?

Dutch is so going to get burned, was the coffee thrown on him foreshadowing? Heh.

I was waiting for Monica to tap the side window while Vic and Dani were going at it.

Armie's "accidental" shooting of the guy being shakened down from the back seat reminded me of Pulp Fiction.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I was definately expecting him to show up at the house or already there when Vic came to drop off the money.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
The final scene between Vic and Shane was outstanding and intense to the extreme. Perfect performances by both guys.

Big bummer, the 'no show next week' thing...

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

I agree, I dunno which scene made me squirm around in my seat more, Vic's confrontation with Shane or Dutch conversing with Corrine when Vic was walking up. What an amazing episode!

Paul Bartlet

Stunt Coordinator

Don't forget, ol Dutch-boy is " hungry like the wolf "

In touch with the ground
I’m on the hunt I’m after you
Smell like I sound, I’m lost in a crowd
And I’m hungry like the wolf
Straddle the line, in discord and rhyme
I’m on the hunt I’m after you
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And I’m hungry like the wolf

Paul Bartlet

Stunt Coordinator
well, it was my best attempt at being funny :frowning:

DutchBoy's theme will most likely be the funeral tune soon enough.

Anyhow, this season has been my fav so far. I love everything about this show.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
What, no comments on last night's episode here yet? Everyone still upset that there was no Independence Day? Overall, a great episode with a few new developments. I think the guy Dutch and Claudette were interrogating was the funniest thing about last night's episode. Anyone see the preview for next week? 90 minutes!!! I definitely can't wait.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Greg,

Was thinking the samething...thanks for taking the plunge.

Another top notch epsisode with lo'ts of ground covered and plenty to digest. I really like Rawlings and can an Emmy nod be far away for Glenn Close?

Aceveda got an image softening last night and Vic saw a side of Rawlings that may have reopened his urge to cross ove rthe line - again.

Should be a great 90 minutes next week - between this and the 24 finale marathon, it's gonna be hard getting up to go to work.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Since I can't get FX here or The Shield for that matter, and reading the rave reviews I bought season one on dvd, was only 25 bucks and was an impulse buy...what a mistake. Now I've bought Season two and three and now I'm FORCED to use **cough**bit **cough** torrent** to watch season 4...got all the episodes to date and watched them all in one night (got to bed at 3 am :)).

Now maybe I'm missing something but....Why is the season so short??? This is obviously a big hit, why not go for at least 20 eps a season and damn 90 minutes next week??? That's gonna take me a while to get LOL.

LOVE THE SHOW...LOVE IT.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Shield , Like most Cable series have Short runs of usually no more that 13 episodes. For me it's because of this that their quality is high. The writers can;t afford any filler eps so the shows seem much more tightly plotted

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That episode was supposed to be a standard 60 minutes (or 42, or whatever the length is without commercials). In an article that ran this weekend, Shawn Ryan told the NYTimes that, when it came time to edit the episode down to standard running length, they couldn't find anything to cut. So they got FX to give them extra broadcast time. With the show's current ratings, that was probably a no-brainer.

M.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I sure hope that post two above this one that I tried to skip past once I saw it is wrong. If it is true and proves true during tomorrows finale, I will be pissed it was not set as a spoiler as it could ruin the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks