What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Great freaking episode......

Aceveda- I see him in some reallly reallllly bad situations in the future..(possible losing his city council spot!)
Shane- Time to pay the piper........ I think his character is going to get his... We haven't seen to much of his girlfriend/wife or mother in law yet... That could get interesting too...

The scene with Aceveda in the office by himself was creepy and well disturbing, but then again that is why we alll watch the show...

Great episode and I can't wait to see next weeks episode...

R~

Quotes of the night:

"Clean up aisle 4"
"See what woman and money will do to yeah"

Or something like that...great lines...lol

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Getting raped, and then being turned on by watching rape on a video.

Just what my mom used to watch in the 50's on TV :)

Good stuff all around!!

Andy

Duane R

Second Unit
3/29: Bang

Another high-octane episode with the gang war, Vic in charge, and the first implementation of the asset seizure plan. With Shane going further downward, it looks like Vic and the fellas will have to shadow him to keep him out of too much hot water. By and large, I'm not a Glenn Close fan, but the way they're writing her character, I admit she's a decent fit so far. That was pretty cold how she brushed off the banger's mother about the house, and then made that Aceveda comment near the end. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I agree.... But then again would we expect anything less.....

Did anyone else notice how shanes wife looked?? Kinda strung out if you ask me. Also how much "nice" stuff shane has in his new apt/house? It will be kinda interesting to see how his role plays out in the rest of the season.

The only thing I don't really like this year is the glenn closes character having her hand in everything....... Lets get back to vic and his crew.... Just my IMO.....

I also think the lawyer for vic and wife is pretty seedy... That too will be interesting to see how this one also plays out...

Good episode....

R~

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Rawling is cold blooded. Even Mackey didn't want to toss the lady and her kids out on the street.

Mara did look a lot worse for the wear. It was cool seeing a different side of Shane as the loving father and semi-hen pecked husband:)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

She has to be.... I agreed with her decision... You cannot say something and then not do it, especially in that environment, they would walk all over her and her credibility would be lost....

I am surprised Vic was given a soft heart on this issue...

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought Monica's "3x5 cards" speech, which went into another gear after she ditch the notes, shows how effortlessly Glenn Close acts, and how much attention she can command in any scene she is in. Mackey has to feel like he's back in the minor leagues at times in her presence.

Had to feel a bit for the doctor that Mackey went a little nuts on during their "consultation" to get some testing done for these children for the lawsuit.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
What? No Shield talk today? :)

Shane really looks out of his element. He's going to get either himself or his partner killed before it's over. With him now working again with Vic, watching these two butt heads should be interesting to watch.

Glenn Close is doing a great job so far with this character. She was a great choice for the show.

Loved the part with the attack dog and the rapist. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked when Mackey and the waitress went to her car and found the registration was missing. "Hmm, that's funny." "Not really."

Shane is gonna make a huge mistake that's gonna cost him dearly. Of course that is kinda obvious but I thought I'd say it anyway:)

And Aceveda is going down a dark road.

Duane R

Second Unit
I see blackmail involved in Aceveda's future, and immense pain in Shane's (if the promos for next week's show is any indication). I see why Vic brought Shane back, but I think Shane will end up costing Vic dearly before season's end. I didn't think Dutch would have sunk so low to get back in the D.A.'s good graces, but he did anyway.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hello All...

Good episode.... Aceveda, boy is he ever going down the dark road.... At least he picked the right woman for the cause...lol..

Shawn, what more can you say, but from the looks of it, he is going to get his.. and his partner is going down too...

Does anybody else find themselves wanted the tuesdays to be here, well before tuesday..lol.. Man I can't wait to see next weeks episode....

R~

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
I think that the season has gotten steam after all of the third season pour over and our introduction to new characters.
I love that Dutch went behind claudette's back which is gonna get him (and has already to some extent) into trouble. By the way, ...so claudette's a stoner :)???

Great, great show

Kevin

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well I just wanted to chime in on this thread firstly saying, is there any rules for spoilers in next weeks episode? I hate reading stuff bout it, just my thing. Does anyone think the show has lost its steam. Just nothing really intense going on like the Money Train, or anything really. I love the show still, but I remember in the other seasons, one episode covers so much story, now it just seems to drag a little. Still story wise it covers in one episode what takes Sopranos probably 5 episodes.

Brian.L

Supporting Actor

I said something similar earlier in the thread. It's been like this ever since the middle of Season 3. Consequently, the show to me feels a little more realistic, but a little less intense. I would like them to up the ante a little bit, remember how big a deal episodes 4 and 5 of Season 3 were... (And Vic needs to stop being so shocked at Shane's rogue cop antics, considering the stuff Vic was up to in Season 1.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Folks: If you feel compelled to comment on next week's previews, please spoilerize them and label them as such. Thanks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I still love the show but I think it was at its best in Season Two. Between the money train and Armadillo, those were some of the series' most intense episodes. I do think that the new season is better than Season Three. Having things change with Glenn Close's character and the new dynamic for Mackey's team has created a new aspect to the show that I think is great.

The best thing about the show (and it's always had this) is that it feels real enough that you could believe that it's happening right now. As much as I love shows like 24 and Lost, they don't have that authentic edge that The Shield has always had.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Isn't the main sense of the show is to chuck Vic in a corner, he digs himselfs out only doing it illegally which actually makes himself dig deeper. Really, all the need to do is start putting the pressure on him. And kill this main drug dealer character already, he's a weak character. Just curious, does anyone know if this season will be 15 or 13 episodes?
Thanks

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

That was a cover story to get a buy, using the other guy as an informant. I thought the same thing but in reading a recap later elsewhere, I realized it was a sting to get the target in the act of selling. The cover story of Claudette's mothers cancer was used on the target who was not really a dealer and emphasized the absurdity of the whole case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks