What's new

The Scrubs (season 3) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"I think what I'm looking for is validation. Like, remember when Dr. Kelso gave you a cupcake after you went four days without killing a patient?"
"Yeah, that was awesome."

Not Scrubs in top-form, but still awesome. Michael J. Fox's presence at the beginning ground the episode to a halt like so many guest appearances do on TV. By the end though, with him washing his hands, I was really sort of moved.
Considering this episode was pretty much built around a guest star, to say this is a better than average Scrubs is high praise indeed.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Ugh Thomas, another "requires subscription" site.
ops. Sorry. It is free though. Just give them a dummy email addy if you don't want to give them the real thing, and remember it. I personally have never had them mail me about anything.

Am I allowed to cut and paste the whole article?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Please do c&p!

I thought it was a good episode. I hadn't been able to watch it a lot lately, but now that it's settled into a time slot, I was happy to make time for it. It's literally the ONLY show I make an effort to watch. Always funny, sometimes moving, never dull.

NBC should be working overtime for it, but they treat it like an afterthought. Not enough People magazine covers I guess.

Can't wait for next week,
Chuck

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
'Scrubs' struggles with slot

NBC to pull viewers into time-hopping show with guest star Fox

11:08 AM CST on Tuesday, February 10, 2004

By ED BARK / The Dallas Morning News

NBC's other acclaimed hospital series – the one that's almost impossible to find lately – cries out for attention tonight with the first of two "supersized" episodes featuring Michael J. Fox.

The name of the show is Scrubs, which had "really found its groove" this season on Thursday nights at 8:30, said NBC programming head Jeff Zucker. He said this on Jan. 14, nine days before the network shuffled Scrubs off to Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. Except that you won't find it there for the next two Tuesdays. Oh, what's the use? But since it's Scrubs and Mr. Fox, let's get out our Geiger counters.

The first of his two guest appearances is tonight at 8:20, following a repeat of last Thursday's 40-minute Friends and a new episode of Will & Grace. Next Tuesday again finds Scrubs at 8:20 p.m., this time after an elongated Fear Factor.

"It's been a struggle to get any attention lately, and I think Michael J. Fox deserves some," Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence said in a letter accompanying an unfinished version of tonight's show. "It was brave of him to act again, and in a lot of ways made this year and all three time slots worth it for me." (Scrubs started the season at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays.)

Mr. Fox, who has Parkinson's disease and has done mostly voice-over work of late, plays ace visiting surgeon Kevin Casey. His advanced case of obsessive- compulsive disorder manifests itself in repeated name signing and hand washing. Still, he's a whiz in the operating room.

"You are unflappable," says an admiring Dr. J.D. Dorian (series lead Zach Braff).

"It's true," Dr. Casey agrees. "I can't be flapped."

Scrubs, in its third under- appreciated season, still specializes in out-of-body episodes tinged with poignancy. The latter comes when Mr. Fox's character can't stop scrubbing two hours after surgery. Then he compulsively turns a light switch on and off after telling Dr. Dorian, "Look, this is a weak moment. Nobody's supposed to see this."

Alas, he seems to be speaking for NBC as well. The network keeps shifting Scrubs around or pulling it off the air entirely while its top executive praises it as the best new comedy of recent years. With friends like that, Scrubs needs viewers – and fas

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks, Cal.

They need to recognize it as a tentpole. It's that simple. It's very popular, and it has a devoted fanbase.

Just pick a time and lock it in.

Take care,
Chuck

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Boy am I tired of this show being mishandled. NBC has a winner on it's hand and its always prempted or shuffled around.
If this doesnt do good the only person(s) to blame are NBC.

Watched last night and was decent but not one of the better ones I've seen recently.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Don't let your hearts be trouble guys. NBC WILL screw this show over and have it cancelled before the end of season 4.

They will then blame it on ratings because they can't leave the damn thing alone.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks for the assist Cal S. I would of if I had gotten back to this thread sooner.

As for the episode, It was a good one. For some reason, I laughed real hard at Turk blowing bubbles in his water.

The xbox joke was bad, but it was soo bad that it was kinda funny. Specially when he kept trying to explain it.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Oh man Kelso's play on the last joke on "Who still has 2 thumbs and doesn't care? Me, I thought we met."

I was rolling.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Not the best, but some great moments. What a show!

Is the wedding soon? That should be rather incredible. And what slot is Scrubs "settling" into now?

Take care,
Chuck

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With "The Apprentice" on Thursdays for the next 8 weeks or so, I am guessing Scrubs is stuck on Tuesday nights until the next sweep month in May.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought J.D.'s "Down Under" gag *REALLY* fell flat. Sarah Chalke is *so* incredibly cute and sexy...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

"Why can't I sit on you?" :D

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I've just started watching this show and was wondering if the earlier seasons were as good? So far, I'm quite impressed!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Better, but not by too much. Two and a half very good seasons so far.

What kind of O.C.D. was the janitor talking about? Was it still obsessive-compulsive disorder, but a lot worse?

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa. Didn't see that coming. Very touching ending. Would that explain why J.D. was so "down" when giving the report that the "old man" had died? Was he really saying that his friend had actually died?

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Yep. That's why nobody else acknowledged him (the friend) with Cox.

I really thought at the end that Cox was going to slap JD's hand away. This is a good show. I just hope I can keep up when NBC moves it to 3:30 in the afternoon on Sundays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks